BabyHawk and Spektrum Sat

hbb3367

I purchased the BabyHawk and Spektrum from the FT store...but am clueless on how to connect the Satellite receiver.

Anyone know how to do it? I am the worst ever with a soldering iron...

Jack

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
That receiver comes with a satellite cable. I am not familiar with the Baby Hawk or its connections but for my TriCopter all I needed to do was change the connector at one end of the cable from the little satellite connector to a larger 3 pin servo. Do you have a photo of what you need to connect to?

When you say connect, do you mean wiring or binding?

hbb3367

Yep, that video has been widely shared...but the spot he informs to pick up 3.3v, I am only getting 1.2 I tried routing the power wire to the center pin, I get lights flashing on the SAT, but will not bind. I even tried one that had been bound through a Spektrum receiver already. No good.

Since I am such a doof with a soldering iron in hand (and have old eyes) I took it over to the hobby shop and let the youngster do it at my instruction after the vid.

I used the orange wire for power, the grey for signal, and the black for ground. COuld those be wrong?

Jack

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
That's the way I understand it.

94SBtmD.jpg

Last edited:

Heyshway

I am having similar problems. Brand new to multi rotors. I got it soldered up like the video showed for the Spektrum receiver. I cannot get the FC to connect to Betaflight. Keep getting a Failure to open serial port. I would really appreciate someone doing a baby step walk through on using the Spektrum DSMX receiver and connecting to Betaflight for the first time user. Every video I've watched just shows everything connecting right up and having no problems.

I am having similar problems. Brand new to multi rotors. I got it soldered up like the video showed for the Spektrum receiver. I cannot get the FC to connect to Betaflight. Keep getting a Failure to open serial port. I would really appreciate someone doing a baby step walk through on using the Spektrum DSMX receiver and connecting to Betaflight for the first time user. Every video I've watched just shows everything connecting right up and having no problems.

i had the same problem with the babyhawk i got and ended up bricking the fc so i have to get a new one and im going to get a spectrum diversity receiver to go with it hopefully my problems and the communities problems will be resolved with a few good videos on youtube