Back for pilot 2.0

Brother Pete

All kinds of questions, so I'll just put in a few to start. Last time I flew was 1994. Seniorita with a cool Wankel rotary that I crashed ruining the plane and engine.
My Brother is into quad copters and sent me to flitetest to foam build and get back into flying. I'll be building scratch building a simple cub to fly in spring.
wondering what would be a good plane to build for indoor flying. something for a beginner, just to get skills back.

Brother Pete

mastermalpass

Elite member
How big is your indoor space? If you have anything the size of a hall or barn then you might be able to squeeze in one of the mighty mini WW1 planes.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
Unless you have somewhere huge, like a golf or soccer dome, you will be better off building in the winter and waiting till spring to fly. I consider winter to be the building season. I will build multiple copies of planes and have them waiting on the bench. WHEN I crash, there is another plane waiting to accept the innards of my last crash.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
All kinds of questions, so I'll just put in a few to start. Last time I flew was 1994. Seniorita with a cool Wankel rotary that I crashed ruining the plane and engine.
My Brother is into quad copters and sent me to flitetest to foam build and get back into flying. I'll be building scratch building a simple cub to fly in spring.
wondering what would be a good plane to build for indoor flying. something for a beginner, just to get skills back.

Brother Pete
FT flyer dpending on space constraints

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Flite test did an episode flying one inside so you should be okay with this one.
It was the first foamboard I built and I still love flying it to this day. Although I fly mine outside and in all weather conditions, its still in its original form too never had t repair it. Swapped receivers about a bit and tried various battery sizes but thats all.

mastermalpass

Elite member
Full sized gym basketball court, 25' ceilings

That should do you good for the mini planes! I've recently made an FT Mini scout that runs on a 1S system and weighs only 74 grams. It would be nice if I could hire the public hall at the moment (can't due to COVID) because the plane really can't handle wind!