Back in the game

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hay everyone! Brand spankin new guy, just got back into thehobby after 8 years tons of stuff changed just finished my first FT build many more to come.
Cool! Welcome to our Forum Family! What did you build? Have you flown it yet?

Jnerd

Thnxs i was thinkin the powered glider. Not enugh? Or should i do something dif. What you guys recomend? I have flown helies in the past..... takes a toll on the wallet when you crash

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Gotta love foam board, super cheap to crash. What kind of planes appeal to you? What are you looking to do with the plane once it's built, what kind of flying?

Arcfyre

Elite member
Thnxs i was thinkin the powered glider. Not enugh? Or should i do something dif. What you guys recomend? I have flown helies in the past..... takes a toll on the wallet when you crash

Welcome to the addiction. I mean hobby.

If you're taking suggestions, may I suggest the simple scout? Not the mini one, the bigger one. Sturdy, easy to fly, and a great 4 channel airplane.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
That's the cool thing about flying with foamboard. Crash it? Just repair it or build another. The Simple Soarer has some quirks. It's not really considered a beginner's plane, but that really doesn't mean much. People have been known to start with just about anything in the FT line up.

Great platforms to learn on are the Tiny Trainer (that's the one I wholeheartedly recommend) and as suggested the Simple Scout. The TT is easy and robust. You can start with the training wing with 3ch and then move up to the sport wing with 4ch. It's just a great learning platform that can grow with your flying skills. The Simple Scout is a great, smooth flying plane. It's heavier, so it doesn't fare as well in a crash as the TT, but it also handles the wind better.

I've read where others have had success with the Simple Cub as a first plane. I've also read where it has been said that it's a horrible first plane. The Mini Scout has been put forth with some good arguments as a good first plane. It's ridiculously simple to build, and pretty tough for what it is. It's surprisingly capable, but in my experience it's a handful for a new pilot. It's so easy to build, though that it might be worth a shot for you.

Basically, anything with the wing on the top is easier to fly than a plane with the wing on the bottom. You'll probably want something with some good dihedral, as well. My personal recommendation to a new pilot is always the Tiny Trainer. It's hard to go wrong with that one. You've definitely got some options, though. :)

Jnerd

Awsome.! So many to choose from.....( fingers dancing together) Dam traded one addiction for another...👁👁 but way healthier much appreciated feed back. REALLY LOVE the corsair....

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Awsome.! So many to choose from.....( fingers dancing together) Dam traded one addiction for another...👁👁 but way healthier much appreciated feed back. REALLY LOVE the corsair....
Then go for it! Don't put a lot of time into decorating it, though. Put time into building it right, not so much making it pretty. Low wing warbirds are a far shot from good trainers. Just accept the fact that you're going to crash and damage your plane, requiring repair and a possible rebuild, and you can eventually learn to fly with a Corsair.

I'm in total agreement, that is one cool plane!