BAD SPAD (35.5cc home built S.P.A.D.) specs/info/plans.

Yeah, not quite sure what happened. I broke my own rule (never do that last flight), so I guess I deserve it. I think it was a combination of slow, gusting tailwind, weird turn, maybe some cross control, and some weird ridge lift off of a bonfire pile. Like I said, I think I can fix it. Sadly I can not get gutter pipe except for a ten-pack online, so fixing it is my only option right now.

No. Not sure if I told you, I had it all back together with new fuse and all, but I went for a flight on summer solstice, in the midnight sun, new servos and all, but I got complacent, and had a fender bender with a couple of bushes. I had done several flight before that though, and I am very pleased with how she flies! I have that flight and incident on video, and will upload soon, maybe tonight. I just need the motivation to put it back together. It will take about ten minutes of work, and she will fly again! Finally updating those plans has given me the motivation to put it back together. I was looking at the specs on the evolution gx33, and it would do great on my plane! But I'll stick with my poorly running chainsaw engine for now. Oh, the crash, I was doing a "one more flight" take off, I had a decent crosswind from the left, and torque, so (while I would have had plenty of rudder to correct) I let it drift off the runway. Then I clipped a bush, which would have not been a problem, had I not aborted into a bush. Only damage was the fuselage, an easy fix. I'm just getting discouraged, but will fly it again soon.

Mytmerc83

I hear you Leo!! I have had nothing but issues with the 10gx, my seagull lost a pull cable off the rudder tonight. And my new plane a cmp extra 300s after getting the motor mounted realized I will need to relocate the tank to get linkages hooked up. Getted tied of working on them more than flying. Might try a three plane trade on two really nice well set up electrics, one is a PA Addiction-X and a big yak. Just put battery's in and fly.

Mytmerc83

After investigation of video it is clear you forgot, the motor is no longer on a chainsaw!!! Lol!! Hope you can get her back up soon. Right on for the storch, never built one myself. I'm working on a ultimate blender for my son. Wings are 2" longer and rudder and elevator are bigger and more like the ft 3d plus it has ailerons on both sets of wings. If I can get CG to work it should be a sweet flyer. He lawn darted the bloody baron I built him.