• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Balsa Baby Baron

Ouchhh! That hurts just looking at it. What radio are you using? Sounds like you need you need a new one. Good luck getting that fixed, might take awhile :confused:, I’m sure you’ll do it though;).
I'm using a new TX6I from OrangeRx. I'm thinking I might have got a dodgy receiver (also OrangeRx). This isn't the first time its needed major repairs. I folded the wings on the high start once. Yeah, I was pushing it too hard!

Bricks

Not sure how the TX6i is set up for transmitter antenna if it is a single antenna straight out the top the worst thing you can do is point the transmitter at the plane.

That would tick me off. Did you say you just got that radio? Hope the place you bought it doesn't give you grief when you return it.
Hobbyking is happy to give me a new receiver, but the one I got is out of stock so they probably won't be able to send me the replacement until Feb or so.
Not sure how the TX6i is set up for transmitter antenna if it is a single antenna straight out the top the worst thing you can do is point the transmitter at the plane.
Good point! I will have to ask Hobbyking. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I had the transmitter pointing in relatively the same direction the whole flight. This time and a few previous times I fly quite far away from myself (~600m or 2000ft), then turn around and it cuts out when I'm around half way home.