Balsa Build Along for 2019-2020

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hi Guys!

We apologize we haven't responded sooner. We have been busier than 1 armed paper hangers! Over 500 kits shipped now!

Jon, PLEASE invite anyone/forum here to participate. Same offer applies to everyone!

We are working day and night to get new releases finished up and daily orders out. We sincerely appreciate every one of you!

Lots and lots of exciting stuff coming out very soon!!!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Prop_Flexer

Thanks Doug, Wow 500 orders! I got my shipping message yesterday afternoon. Can't wait to get the package and to start making memories!!

Rob

Turbojoe

Elite member
LOL. I check the WN website at least twice a day to see if there are any new releases. (I'm retired and bored). Can't wait for the Eaglet 250 (hopefully 4 channel) kit but if it isn't first release I'm sure whatever is next will be great as well. I'm on board for at least two new WN kits.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
Doug,

Tell us about the "covering packs" on the website. Is it like SoLite, ParkLite etc? If so that's a HUGE money saver being able to buy less than an entire roll.

Joe

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Doug,

Tell us about the "covering packs" on the website. Is it like SoLite, ParkLite etc? If so that's a HUGE money saver being able to buy less than an entire roll.

Joe
I'm still new to this, but are there differences between SoLite and ParkLite? Even though they're the same thing, or am I missing something?

Turbojoe

Elite member
I'm still new to this, but are there differences between SoLite and ParkLite? Even though they're the same thing, or am I missing something?

I believe it to be pretty much the same as far as weight goes. I have lots of both. Colors seldom match though. That could very well be because some of my Solite is many years old and has faded a bit. For the longest time it seemed almost everyone was selling Solite re-branded to a name that suited them. Nelson (the provider of Solite and Solarfilm closed their doors a while back.) I have no idea who may be supplying a comparable product now. Hopefully someone else has that info.

Joe

Prop_Flexer

Woohoo, got my order today! Got my GLH 250 and the 2 Barnstormers with the 3 completion packs. Everything packed tight and shipped perfectly, even a personal note from Doug and Becky - Thank you Doug!! I can't wait for the club build to start for our GLH 250's. I am surprising my Dad with a Barnstormer for Christmas and a father - son build during January. It's going to be a great time making memories and kicking up balsa dust with my dad!
A picture of all the goodies I had fun unpacking!

Rob
20191109_185314.jpg

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Nice package there! :D

I didn't get a chance to start the Barnstormer Biplane building this weekend - lots of house & family projects going on. I was able to get my last RC project off the workbench tonight so I'll be posting it and making more balsa dust soon :D

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
It's OK to build more than one! :p

But yeah - I know what you mean. Refreshing the WN website is part of my "daily internet routine" this month :D

Yeah, but I've got so many projects currently in-progress already... I'm looking forward to building one of these birds, it'll be a fun (and quick) distraction from the current work.