Balsa Noob. Guillows A1-H Skyraider

Should i make it:

• Electric

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Free Flite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You are new to balsa and this kit probably wont live to fly ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
I have built two guillows models and used glue sticks for the covering on both of them. I have not used UHU but most people say that it is the best. By the way have you tried flying it yet? I built the guillows super cub and converted it to rc as my first plane and needless to say, carnage ensued :cry:.

1552777045696.png

If you fly it free flight I can say from personal experience that the rubber included in the kit doesn't work well. FAI Super Tan Sport Rubber is supposed to work well.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I have built two guillows models and used glue sticks for the covering on both of them. I have not used UHU but most people say that it is the best. By the way have you tried flying it yet? I built the guillows super cub and converted it to rc as my first plane and needless to say, carnage ensued :cry:.

View attachment 126531

If you fly it free flight I can say from personal experience that the rubber included in the kit doesn't work well. FAI Super Tan Sport Rubber is supposed to work well.

I flew it free flite. It flew fantastic, but I tried flying it with rubber and it crashed due to poor thrust angle. The crash broke several spars and I decided to shelve it for repairs. I am planning to do either the 900 series Chipmunk or typhoon and do a electric conversion. It really depends on how much time and money I have this summer.

Dreamy_Bongo

...Because I was inverted
Elmers School glue bad choice as it is water soluble so wetting the tissue loosened the glue. If you decide to try and recover maybe able to wet it down and the Elmers will probably let loose.

I use 50/50 school glue to water and have had no issues.