[BAN] Aeromaster Hydro-Plane

Brett_N

Ok Ok, the name is a total rip-off of the original 1980's and 1990's BME Aeromaster. Now, the funny thing is, they never seemed to "name" any of their planes from what I can tell (google image search for BME Aeromaster....) and if you look at the box, there's nothing other than the Aeromaster name.

Anyway, I digress...

(Sorry, my photos don't seem to connect correctly....)

Who remembers these goofy critters????

20181201_205905.jpg

I managed to pick one up off Ebay...all original including the 20 year old roll of hinge tape. Box had waterdamage, but parts where 95% intact. Wow the foam is brittle!

So....here's the goal - create something "FT" style for ya'll.

Project Goals:
* Use Existing FT parts so I don't have to redraw anywhing :)
* Semi-swappable. I usually don't build swappable so this may be a challenge
* use a cheap-o Amazon 30A ESC, and 2212x1000kv generic motor.
* Original uses 6 servos. I'm going to aim for 4 OOps - 4 servos only...
* DTFB, Tape, and Hot Glue (although, I may cheat and use clear GG or Shoe Goo, HG melts in the heat here in the summer!)

To start, here's some more pictures of the original.

20181201_205914.jpg
20181201_205926.jpg
20181201_210115.jpg

Of course, with all the _____ in my workshop, garage or dining room table, of course I have DTFB and cardstock available, so, trace trace trace

20181201_211151.jpg

So we have a template. Then in a Pink Floyd induced random thought....hmmm....these foam "hulls" really look like floats for the Valiant...

imagine that. I had said floats hanging on the wall, and Voila! They are almost EXACTLY the same wide and length.

20181201_211258.jpg

BUT!

This isn't no "let's piece something togethor from spare parts..... remember, we want to make this "FT" style.

So I haven't drawn it yet, but I'm thinking

* use the templates from the original for the control surfaces and "body"
* FT Simple cub floats anyone? Think I need to add 2 or 3 inches, but that's easy enough
* FT Mini-EZ for the "body" thing that holds the electronics and battery
* FT Explorer Power pod, but mounted forward instead of backwards.

Stay tuned.....