Banner Plane

scbobba

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to build a banner plane (the kind that tow a banner with a message) for my school to use to use for football games. I'm trying to decide on what plane I should use. Im looking for a single motor plane (no guniea pig).

Thanks,
S B

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Bushwhacker would be the best choice, but I'm not so sure flying over a football game is. Lots of people around to hit and those kinds of things tend to be sensationalized. If you have your heart set on flying over a game MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE IT IS OK WITH THE STAFF AND YOU ARE WELL AWAY FROM THE CROWD. Be safe. It certainly would be cool to see a banner pulling plane above a high school football game, we also have to keep other people's safety in mind.

Bushwhacker would be the best choice, but I'm not so sure flying over a football game is. Lots of people around to hit and those kinds of things tend to be sensationalized. If you have your heart set on flying over a game MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE IT IS OK WITH THE STAFF AND YOU ARE WELL AWAY FROM THE CROWD. Be safe. It certainly would be cool to see a banner pulling plane above a high school football game, we also have to keep other people's safety in mind.

That's kind of what I was thinking. That sounds like a lot of liability flying an RC plane over and around 400-1000 people. If it's somewhere out west I guess there may be enough room to fly away from the stadium. Best of luck. Post some video if you pull it off.