• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

basslord1124 RC flight and Flitetest journey/diary - Perkyplanes & RC

I read through it all and I have to say that you don't need to feel that way. I have this store I go to when I am SOS on parts and the owner, put in nice words is a bitch (the nicest I could find). He tries to keep putting me down for flying FB planes, at first I have to admit it bothered me and hurt some, but then it hit me. Why? Why do I need to feel that way? Am I enjoying what I am doing, and I much rather crash a FB plane than a balasa plane. So now I just ingore what others think, and go have a good time :).
Yeah I totally understand I need to get out of the pattern of thinking. Honestly I have indeed flown in front of others and the only semi-bad thing I ever heard was one of our club members say sarcastically "can you do that again?". It dawned on me right then that I had my plane in high rates and it was dancing all over the sky, hard to control. I had control shortly after.

Honestly the hobby store owner needs to work on his sales tactics. He shouldn't be tearing you down for what you are doing, but actually trying to sell you on the stuff he has and how it's better (even if you have no interest in it).

We have another guy at the field who does FT planes but I think it was of a phase for him. He flies them on occasion but now he seems more interested in DIY drones.

mayan

Honestly the hobby store owner needs to work on his sales tactics. He shouldn't be tearing you down for what you are doing, but actually trying to sell you on the stuff he has and how it's better (even if you have no interest in it).
At some point I tried explaining that too him, being someone that worked in sales for a long time, but he didn't listen. And then something else happened and I remembered my mom saying "you can't change people only influence them." I tried pointing him in the direction I thought was right but when he didn't care to listen I stopped caring about talking.

Don't worry about what others think, be proud of what you have. Heck if you crash you laugh and walk away and you are maybe out $20.00, they crash (and they do) they are out thousands of dollars and mega hours worth of work.
Agreed!

And actually there was one guy there that I sort of heard about his life story from his buddy. Basically his friends were trying to help him get into the hobby. He acquired a few planes as he started (pretty sure they were all balsa). He had a real bad crash that was a total loss. As a result, he hasn't flown since. And his friends are trying to ease his mind and get him back into it slowly. I told him to go pick up some foamies and beat those around and see if that'd help.

mayan

Agreed!

And actually there was one guy there that I sort of heard about his life story from his buddy. Basically his friends were trying to help him get into the hobby. He acquired a few planes as he started (pretty sure they were all balsa). He had a real bad crash that was a total loss. As a result, he hasn't flown since. And his friends are trying to ease his mind and get him back into it slowly. I told him to go pick up some foamies and beat those around and see if that'd help.
You see buddy, these foamies just might help someone and it was you who recommended they try go that route.

Well got a new video up... this one in regards to my lipo mishaps:

I personally am thinking and hoping that these batteries are ok as I've seen batteries undergo much more abuse than mine. All those years of reading people's responses on the forums (RCG and here mainly) and even folks at my RC field, some of them have this sort of "those lipos are super dangerous and can blow up" mentality. And they'd recommend disposal if the slightest thing happened. So that fear and paranoia was passed on to me. I honestly think too that lipo battery technology has come along way and that they are better now than what they used to be. I have an older lipo that seems to have gotten puffy and it was rarely used. Anything newer that I have, doesn't have any puffiness at all.

Working on the TT and painting. Just got the fuse to finish and that's it. I did remove the weights and I'm going to start shifting things around a little to get it to balance a little better. I hope to do it to where I can easily go between a 2S and a 3S battery.

This is our weather over the next 5 days...I'd prefer a little calmer with the winds:

weather.JPG

We've been kinda going through somewhat of a spring pattern even though it's the middle of June. :confused::rolleyes:

Oh yeah, something else I did recently. Figured to plan ahead a little bit. I may make a couple more backup ones. One of them is definitely going into the Simple Cub as its pod is pretty crumpled.

pods.jpg