• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

basslord1124's (Perkyplanes & RC) plane/project list and other resources

basslord1124

Just a list to keep me on track PLUS give me more room to type (you can't fit a whole lot of characters in a signature). Got my trusty Mt Dew here so lets get started...

Hangar- Ready to go!!
-Hobbyzone Champ
-FT Bloody Baron
-FT Tiny Trainer
-KFM Wing
-FT Edge
-FT Spitfire

Currently in the build/repair process OR almost ready to maiden
-The "I wanted to keep it a secret plane that is now no longer a secret...introducing the Shrubsmacker"...a design by @Grifflyer
-FT Seaduck
-FTFC20 - Travel Air Mystery Ship
-FT Corsair

Uncertain??

Future ideas

Needs a little bit of work and TLC
-FT Mini Scout v2 Speed demon
-Galaxy Glider
-FT Simple Cub
-FT Simple Storch
-Dynam PA 18 Super/Piper - "I don't know what it is" FrankenCub
-DIY Snowskimmer
-FT Baby Blender (wife's only FT build)

Needs A LOT of work, kit still in box, long term project, etc.
-FT Bushwacker (speedbuilt kit still in package) - got last Christmas as a gift

-Balsa - Hangar 9 Easy 2 VRTF - Got for about $20-$30 from someone my father-in-law knew. Originally gutted, missing landing gear, and needed some minor tail section repairs. Turned into all electric, flown about 3 times. Picked up some more tail damage...mostly minor though. Also removed old covering. Needs elevator repaired, new covering job, and electronics reinstalled.

-Balsa - Mini Funtana - airframe is in pretty good shape, some covering color fading. Picked up for about $25 at our RC club swap meet. Needs electronics.

-Balsa - VQ models, DHC2 Beaver -picked up for $75 at RC club swap meet. Still NIB, 60" wingspan, military color scheme. So far, I have assembled it and installed most of the servos. Still needs motor/ESC/receiver.

-FT Mini Corsair and FT Mini Mustang (speedbuild kit) - originally purchased for my father-in-law b/c we thought he might be interested in building them too. After having a hot glue mishap he got upset and pushed them aside and gave them to me.

-FT3D - airframe built, and somewhat painted. Needs electronics.

-Delta Dragon 3 channel pusher - free from a club member. Foam 50"-60" wing, plastic body. Used an FM radio that I couldn't ever get to work. Brushed motor seemed dead too. Would like to convert to brushless and 2.4Ghz.

-Balsa - P51 (nitro) - another RC club swap meet find...think father-in-law picked it up for $100. Don't remember much about as it's sitting at the in-law's house. I remember it was mostly equipped minus the receiver. 50"-60" wingspan, nitro OS engine, fixed landing gear.

RIP (but still open for resurrection)
-FT Super Bee
-FT Mini Scout v1
-FT Long EZ
-Profile Plane

This post, of course, will be updated as things progress/change.

Last edited:

basslord1124

Looking forward to the Mystery Plane!!
(Even though I know!) 😜
Yeah it's officially out in the open now. :)

Where are you at with the Shrubby?
Just got the plans printed out at this point. Things have been going so nice and easy with the Spit build, I'd say I may dive into the Shrubster here in the next few days or coming week.

BATTLEAXE

Not that I am promoting the Shrubby like I usually do, but since I have recognized your flying style on the more relaxed side I will say this plane will be your go to warm up plane. Something that will ease the thumbs and the knees into the rest of your flying session. I can't wait to see you try it out in the maiden, trees be damned, and you may find that your flight could be next to flawless for you. I say next to because there are always variables we can't control but it will trim in super stable and be a treat to burn a full battery and land without incident, prop in tact lol

basslord1124

For the most part, yeah I like relaxing flying. I think STOL planes are cool and can't wait to add the Shrubby to the hangar.

Something that's kinda funny too is that I am using the same motor I used to use in my FT Super Bee way back when. If I were to say squeeze a 4S battery in the Shrubby (which the ESC/motor can handle 4S), then I'd have the complete opposite of a slow relaxing STOL plane. :eek::D

...Something that's kinda funny too is that I am using the same motor I used to use in my FT Super Bee way back when. If I were to say squeeze a 4S battery in the Shrubby (which the ESC/motor can handle 4S), then I'd have the complete opposite of a slow relaxing STOL plane. :eek::D
4s Shrubby...that'd be crazy, it already has unlimited vertical at like 3/4 throttle on 3s:eek:

BATTLEAXE

4s Shrubby...that'd be crazy, it already has unlimited vertical at like 3/4 throttle on 3s:eek:
I cant's say anything for your other planes or warbirds because I haven't built them but as you can tell I think the Shrubby is an amazing versatile plane, 3s is more then enough.
If I were to say squeeze a 4S battery in the Shrubby
A good plane you might want for speed in the mini size with a 4s might be one of the warbirds @Grifflyer or @nerdnic has designed. You want to take your building and flying experience up a notch or two that would be my choice. Mind you I have gotten the FT-22 and versions of to be comparable to speed and power. Mind you I put a ridiculously large motor in that plane and it was nuts, no such thing as to much power!

basslord1124

While 4S would be some crazy fun, I'll stick to 3S for starters. I figure if the plane has still survived a good bit and I've gotten a good feel for it...I may throw in the 4S at some point later just for the heck of it. Might be a good way to retire it. :)

Ya know, the FT-22 has interested me too (well shoot most all of their planes interest me). I may give it a try someday.

BATTLEAXE

While 4S would be some crazy fun, I'll stick to 3S for starters. I figure if the plane has still survived a good bit and I've gotten a good feel for it...I may throw in the 4S at some point later just for the heck of it. Might be a good way to retire it. :)

Ya know, the FT-22 has interested me too (well shoot most all of their planes interest me). I may give it a try someday.
I made 4 prop'n'slot versions of the 22 and enjoyed 3 out of 4 of them. It is definitely a different flying experience, and build too

PoorManRC

Not ever flying a Prop'n'Slot before... Several People say that the FT-22 and the 3 Stem Jets are really good flyers, slow or fast!

You guys got me excited about the ScrubSmacker and it's big brother too. 😊

My very next one will have to be Duster... Request from Greyson! πŸ˜‰

basslord1124

I made 4 prop'n'slot versions of the 22 and enjoyed 3 out of 4 of them. It is definitely a different flying experience, and build too
Yeah...I've never flown one, they kinda have this vibe that they are a good intro into jets.

Not ever flying a Prop'n'Slot before... Several People say that the FT-22 and the 3 Stem Jets are really good flyers, slow or fast!

I've got some high hopes on the Shrubsmacker. Plus I'm always up for smaller planes to take to my wife's aunt's house.

Yup you better do the Duster! :)

Scrubsmacker? Never heard of that one, I have heard of a Shrubsmacker. Is the Scrubsmacker some kind of cleaning product?:LOL:

If Greyson wants a Duster, I could shrink it down and send you dimensions so you can build it with a ruler and a triangle.

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

they are a good intro into jets.
I would say yes they are, agreed. Not that I have flown any jets but I think it would be a similar experience. They work just like a bank and yank but because they are a pusher mid fuse they seem to drift around corners like a sports car. Straight line handling they are really quick and stable, rolls, loops, and if you keep your speed up in a corner they will track nice too. In a sharp 180 agree turn I found they will still out and takes some throttle to maintain altitude and control. All of which sounds like what jets are like.

I have a thread or two you can pull some references from if you like here and here

PoorManRC

Scrubsmacker? Never heard of that one:LOL:

If Greyson wants a Duster, I could shrink it down and send you dimensions so you can build it with a ruler and a triangle.
That's really nice of you to do! 😊
I asked the Boss if he wants a small one, because @BATTLEAXE had the same idea.... good on too.

The Boss said "No Gampy, big!" That's my orders. πŸ˜‰
I'm glad I didn't show him Bixler's Video on the Monster Duster!! I'd be in deep doo doo. πŸ’©πŸ˜³

Sadly I'll need someone to cut one for me... and these days I'm not keen on asking for any help.
I wish I had a working Printer, or Computer.
Somehow, He IS getting his Dusty! 😊