Bat Bone Build Video - am I just searching wrong

cdraptor

I got the Bat Bone kit, followed the straights and swivel arm builds, but where is the BatBone frame / connecting the arm build videos. Also any tips on electronic mounting vids for that, I am not as worried about that, thanks

cdraptor

Thanks Crash, that helped alot - just curious, how does the foldable configuration work, wouldn't it pull back in flight if your going forward, sorry this is my first tricopter always been using the quadcopters with sturdy fixed arms. I see you can fix them, but having it foldable would be cool. On the talon tricopter there is a locking mechanism, but David looks like he just folds it back and then has a stopper for pushing it back forward.

Mustang7302

The clamping pressure of the top and bottom plates provide enough resistance to keep the arms forward for flight, but still allow them to fold during impact. This assumes of course that you're running the recommended 370 class power range (~80 watts max per motor) while swinging 8" props.

I found the torque of 10" props with 180w atts per motor would rotate the arms away from the forward possition which make it impossible for flight thereafter.