Bat Bone V-Tail Build Log

unzapped

GoPro 1st Success and CRASH

GoPro issue resolved... Flying GoPro without wifi works!

Fatshark Attitude bundle ordered.

I am really getting hooked. I cannot wait for fair weather flight. I am outgrowing this little gymnasium.

Thanks!

DDSFlyer

Looking good. Now get it outside and punch it...the tail drooping on take off might mean you need to up the throttle on channel 3 and 4 in the mixer editor I think. That way when you punch it, it will ascend level.

unzapped

Looking good. Now get it outside and punch it...the tail drooping on take off might mean you need to up the throttle on channel 3 and 4 in the mixer editor I think. That way when you punch it, it will ascend level.

Mostly it kicks back like that cuz I baby it AND I always forget to switch on autolevel. My CG is WAY off, I am having the "mickey" frame cut on a waterjet, this will give me the flexibility I need for shifting the mounting location of the KK2.1

Very nice Unzapped.

Man, that abandoned gym looks spooky.

That gym is spooky! I hate going there after dark the whole building is "abandoned" It was an elementary school, the stairs are very short, and everything is "kid" height. what makes it spooky is that most kids that went there are either old or past. Eeery to think about. I would love to FPV the whole place and probably will once I get my fatsharks and some more confidence.

I'm not seeing any jello in your GP video, what's your mount look like?

I am using the Original Tri Copter Mount

IMG_5458sm.jpg

But I am mounting the GP behind where its supposed to be because I am using the protective case and standard GP mount I have it velcro'ed to the wood frame.

FATSHARKS come tomorrow!!! I am so excited.

helinor

Hi.
That is a Nice build. Glad you have maidened it with success:D.
Looking at this frame for me and my sons next build. It will be used for LOS flying first and carrying my GoPro. Maybee make it a FPV ship later.

See that you use 9" props/8" props on it. How large props do you think I can put on the back of this frame? The motors I have on my shelf is lower KV than yours so I think mine will give me better flight time with bigger props. I would also like to know the foot print of the frame. Distance between front motors, distance between rear motors and the distance from front motors to rear motors. And how big is it when folded? Planning on portability for taking it along for hiking trips. Hope you could help me out on these questions.

Regards

Ole

unzapped

Hi.
That is a Nice build. Glad you have maidened it with success:D.
Looking at this frame for me and my sons next build. It will be used for LOS flying first and carrying my GoPro. Maybee make it a FPV ship later.

See that you use 9" props/8" props on it. How large props do you think I can put on the back of this frame? The motors I have on my shelf is lower KV than yours so I think mine will give me better flight time with bigger props. I would also like to know the foot print of the frame. Distance between front motors, distance between rear motors and the distance from front motors to rear motors. And how big is it when folded? Planning on portability for taking it along for hiking trips. Hope you could help me out on these questions.

Regards

Ole

Thank you for the nice words!
I think you could put 10" props in the rear if you wanted. Distance between front motors is 21" Rear is 8" they are mounted at a 40 degree angle. When folded it is 12" wide x 16" long. Should backpack mount fine.

Regards,

helinor

Thank you for the nice words!
I think you could put 10" props in the rear if you wanted. Distance between front motors is 21" Rear is 8" they are mounted at a 40 degree angle. When folded it is 12" wide x 16" long. Should backpack mount fine.

Regards,

Thanks a lot:D. Just one more question. What does it aprox weigh before you put on battery, FPV and camera?

Ole

unzapped

Thanks a lot:D. Just one more question. What does it aprox weigh before you put on battery, FPV and camera?

Ole

Motors, props, escs, receiver, frame, wiring, and kk2.1 is 818grams or 1.8lbs... no battery, no gopro, no gimbal, no fpv gear.

unzapped

6th Flight... When is spring gonna be here? The walls of this gym are closing in on me.

This is the FIRST battery pack I have run through without breaking anything INCLUDING a ziptie (do they even count?)

Anyway enjoy, I am getting more confident, taking more risks, and having an awesome time with this.

FYI I do have all FATSHARK gear, I just don't quite have the balls to load it on yet, I need more space preferably outside in order to maiden my FPV.

If your wondering where flight 5 went... my 70d filled up and my gopro was dead, lack of preparation and it was a quick decision to go to the gym to show my dad the new toy.

Thanks for watching!