Bat Bone

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Glad to hear it because I like the HK D4023-850's and they are loads more powerful than the 750's.

Thurmond

All things said up to now aside...

The design does have the weak point of having a motor/prop size threshold.

I know from experience the FT mount/legs do not like props much over a 9". I had eleven inch props, balanced as best I could, and the vibrations they caused was more than the mounts could handle.

Dropped down to an 8" prop, and it was perfect.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
what motors would you suggest FM? I'm thinking if I build one of these I will fly it on a 3s 2200mah setup

killab

Just ordered on, with the suggested equipment from hobbyking, Come international some US, So it may take a bit to get here, But excited to try a Tri copter. Have a few quads and wings.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
what motors would you suggest FM? I'm thinking if I build one of these I will fly it on a 3s 2200mah setup

I'd say stick with what the FT guys have suggested, but...

earthsciteach found some from headsuprc.com that looks really good. Maybe we can get him to share the link, since I can't find the one he sent me.

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
Im not a multi-rotor guy at all. but Davids new V-Tail has me reconsidering. Though I think it may be easier to take a normal tricoptor and adding a small boom on the back to get the rear motors into the V-Tail set up. Basicly make the rear boom into a short "T".

jhebbel

I love the RCTimer brushless gimbal in this episode, I have the same one on my TRex 600 and it performs amazingly!

IMAG0137.jpg IMAG0152.jpg

jhebbel

I love the results of that gimbal - but oh how expensive D:

Actually..... The gimbal is highly competitive with the pricing of standard servo gimbals. The gimbal was $99 with motors, and you can get a controller for $70. Personally I'm using a more expensive AlexMos board that was about $150 but it was worth every penny lol.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
A brushless gimbal requires a separate controller anyway, You cannot plug a BLG into a KK2, NAZA, APM, or anything else.

I figured that - the brushless motor needs an "ESC" type thing, not just positive negative and a PWM signal. Still, $170 is more than I got. I guess FPV is first on the list. I had saved up for FPV gear but now I have 4 batteries to pick up tomorrow.

jhebbel

I figured that - the brushless motor needs an "ESC" type thing, not just positive negative and a PWM signal. Still, $170 is more than I got. I guess FPV is first on the list. I had saved up for FPV gear but now I have 4 batteries to pick up tomorrow.

Right, and its not even a normal ESC but a custom programmed one since the motors on brushless gimbals are rewound to be in a stepper motor like configuration.

You can always keep an eye on the forum classifieds, I keep seeing listings on RCG for brushless gimbals from people who are too impatient to set it up properly and expected it to work out of the box lol.

UnsafeShip

BatBones motors

Looks like they are flying motors on the bat bones from the 28 series my quad uses these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=21478 and you can tel what kind they are because of the big 28 on the side and as you can see on the link photo it has the series (28-26) and what kind it is (1000kv). I am unsure what they are using exactly though and would love know exactly what they are using for the whole copters.

jhebbel

Sorry but stepper motors do not jitter, They are the same type of motors used on my CNC, and servo motors are normal DC motors with potentiometers, BLG do not use potentiometers.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Jitter, perceivable stepping or ratcheting action that would translate to camera vibration. My CNC machine using stepper motors has the motion I describe and it is not smooth if a camera is attached to the motor it vibrates badly even at small micro-stepping intervals. ;)

Link to the motor used on the DJI Zenmus

http://www.maxonmotorusa.com/maxon/view/catalog/

3 phase motor with hall effect sensors for positional feedback. (AC servo motor)

Thurmond

Last edited: