Battery And Esc Compatability

whackflyer

Master member
I thaught the battery had a connecter?
You are correct the battery has a connector on it. The ESC comes with bare wires tho so you'll have to solder a female xt60 onto your power wires on the ESC and solder bullet connectors onto the 3 motor wires. You may have to solder the bullet connectors onto the motor too, I'm not sure if it comes with the connectors presoldered.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @whackflyer, they will work together. The ESC doesn’t have any connectors, you will need to solder them on.

The amp rating for the motor, ESC & battery are the not to exceed number. It perfectly fine to pull less than the maximum amps. The amp draw is determined by the prop, larger props draw more amps, spinning faster draws more amps. Use a prop that will not exceed the motor rating, use an ESC that has enough amps to supply the motor & a battery that can supply enough amps to the ESC. If the prop is too large, the weakest link, motor, ESC or battery, will burn out first.

The amps a battery can supply are calculated, mah/1000 x c. Example: A 2200 mah 20c battery can supply 44 amps (2200/1000 x 20= 44)

Last edited:
You are correct the battery has a connector on it. The ESC comes with bare wires tho so you'll have to solder a female xt60 onto your power wires on the ESC and solder bullet connectors onto the 3 motor wires. You may have to solder the bullet connectors onto the motor too, I'm not sure if it comes with the connectors presoldered.
Thanks a lot would have bought them and had no idea what to do 👍