Battery charger

AlphaWolves

Y does my dynamite passport p1 mini charger keep giving me the (connection break) every time I try to charge battery?

My battery is a Rage 5200 7.4v 2s surface lipo

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Do you have the balance plugs connected, or the wrong battery type/cell selection chosen? My Hitec X2 does the same thing if I don't have it connected, or if I have a 3S connected and I'm trying to charge at a 4S rate.

AlphaWolves

Do you have the balance plugs connected, or the wrong battery type/cell selection chosen? My Hitec X2 does the same thing if I don't have it connected, or if I have a 3S connected and I'm trying to charge at a 4S rate.

It will say it with and w/o the balance plug, I have the settings to charge at 2.0 apps on 2s

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It will say it with and w/o the balance plug, I have the settings to charge at 2.0 apps on 2s

Ok, and what settings do you have with your charger? is it set to balance charge? If so, check the wires to your balance port and make sure it's not got any breaks; also, check the balance lead coming off of your battery and verify that you don't have any breaks from there. If not, check to make sure you have the charging set to use 2S, not 3S or 4S. If that doesn't work, i'd contact Dynamite tech support to see if there's potentially something wrong with the charger.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes one of pins on the balance plug will not make contact. Try pushing on each wire on the balance plug.

AlphaWolves

Ok, and what settings do you have with your charger? is it set to balance charge? If so, check the wires to your balance port and make sure it's not got any breaks; also, check the balance lead coming off of your battery and verify that you don't have any breaks from there. If not, check to make sure you have the charging set to use 2S, not 3S or 4S. If that doesn't work, i'd contact Dynamite tech support to see if there's potentially something wrong with the charger.

I tried to do storage, balancing, fast charge and charge and got connection break for all, my settings r at 2s

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have, they look alittle dirty so I might try to clean
I've never had trouble with them being dirty, although that is possible.

The problem I have had, one of the balance plug sockets just gets pushed back within the plug. Try holding on to the wires while pushing the balance plug on.

Reactions: FDS

AlphaWolves

I've never had trouble with them being dirty, although that is possible.

The problem I have had, one of the balance plug sockets just gets pushed back within the plug. Try holding on to the wires while pushing the balance plug on.

I tried, still nothing

Bricks

Master member
What voltage is your battery now maybe your battery is too low for the charger to recognize it or a bad cell do you have a Lipo checker..