Battery comparison tests?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I'd like to see some head to head testing between the Turnigy Nanotech and the Gensace batteries.
They are at comparable price points but both use the "newer" lipo technologies?
Maybe it would make a good Flitetest episode?

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
I've been using the turnigy Nano-tech for over a year now and love them! I got everything from 160mah 1s to 3300 mah 4s and they are a really good batt. For the money

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'd like to see some head to head testing between the Turnigy Nanotech and the Gensace batteries.
They are at comparable price points but both use the "newer" lipo technologies?
Maybe it would make a good Flitetest episode?
Picture 4.png

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
PT- Yes. I've heard good things too about the Nanotechs. The last couple 'o times that I wanted to place another order they were out of stock for the sizes that I use. The Gensace were on sale, got free shipping and they got them to me in three days. All big pluses! I haven't puffed or damaged one yet in any way (yet). The price is within two bucks of the Nanotechs right now. If they stay in stock long enough I'll buy some of the Nanotechs and get some side by side seat of the pants feel. Big plus for the Nanotechs would be not having to change the connector. I standardized on XT60 plugs almost a year ago.

I'd love to see a shootout style review where that batteries are pushed to their limits and get enough scientifically gathered data to make a good comparison.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I have just purchased some Nanotechs.
I now have an equal number of the Gensace and the Nanotechs.
I won't be doing tests with scientific data gathering methods but I will be giving side by side comparisons of my personal feelings on these two brands. I'm loving the Gensace so far. Lots of my friends use the Nanos- We'll see how it goes.

How about it Chad. Buy a few of each and mark 'em up and do some long term testing (put 'em in your fpv ships and stuff) and report back maybe 3 months, 6 months and a year down the road?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I've been using the turnigy Nano-tech for over a year now and love them! I got everything from 160mah 1s to 3300 mah 4s and they are a really good batt. For the money

Yeah- like a lot of things they were out of stock when I needed them so a made a big (for me) order of the Gensace.
Hobbyking now has them from the US warehouse that makes them even cheaper than the HobbyPartz sale price and I don't have to cut off the stupid 4mm bullet connectors :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I have one Nanotech and it was sent to me with the wrong wires going to the connectors (+/- soldered reversed). It also has a loose connection inside. I still like the size/weight. I recommend you check it out right away. HK has a time limit.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Willdo- I've had a couple Zippy's show up with low cells and one DOA but mostly good luck. Definitely will check them right away. Thanks

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Problem is a balance charger will error when it detects the low cell and not go into the charge mode.
A balancer would be counter productive because it will want to bring the other cells down too.
In my case I was able to bring them back -=WARNING=- If you try this you are doing so at your own risk for fire and other lipo and charger safety issues=- By carefully charging the whole pack through the discharge plug to a little over 9v using the lead battery setting on a multi-charger. Once the low cell is high enough to be recognized by the normal balance charge setting on the charger, just used them normally. -=WARNING=- If you try this you are doing so at your own risk for fire and other lipo and charger safety issues=- I won't pretend that this brought my batteries back to tip top condition, but since I had only a few and these were used for combat it brought them back to good enough condition and better than toss in the trash condition :)