Help! Battery not charging without a reason I can see.

rederos

I mean... as I sad when motor started losing power, I pu it down asap, maybe I flew for too long but it would be strange. If I am right, I measured both cells from balancing cable and then the main output, so if all the balancer cables are one per cell, I have measured 6,2 volts on second cell... if its dead then its sad... I will be in contact with local store, maybe they can do more then I can...

FDS

Elite member
Buy a cell checker/balancer, they will likely have one in the store. That battery is probably dead, expect to replace it as well. Use a timer to stop you from flying too long, the first time you fly a new plane plug a 3.5v battery alarm into the balance lead, start your stopwatch, take off. The minute it beeps, even momentarily, land, stop the stopwatch and then take 1min off the elapsed time, that’s your battery duration. Use the cell checker then to look at the battery, it should be at 3.6v per cell if you landed in good time and your beeper worked.
Never fly longer than 30sec over the timer in regular temps and take some off when it’s cold, then you should never over discharge a lipo.

rederos

Buy a cell checker/balancer, they will likely have one in the store. That battery is probably dead, expect to replace it as well. Use a timer to stop you from flying too long, the first time you fly a new plane plug a 3.5v battery alarm into the balance lead, start your stopwatch, take off. The minute it beeps, even momentarily, land, stop the stopwatch and then take 1min off the elapsed time, that’s your battery duration. Use the cell checker then to look at the battery, it should be at 3.6v per cell if you landed in good time and your beeper worked.
Never fly longer than 30sec over the timer in regular temps and take some off when it’s cold, then you should never over discharge a lipo.
Thats a good what to do, thanks!

Hoomi

Master member
The little battery checkers from Amazon that I linked will cycle through and show the voltage of each cell, along with the total voltage.

GremlinRC

FT_Nut
When measuring single cells you measure as follows. For cell 1 place the probes on the black wire (keep the black wire on the left) and the one next to it. For cell two move BOTH probes one place to the right For each successive cell move BOTH probes to the right. By keeping the negative probe on the black wire you are seeing the total voltage of the cells. Be very careful. It is easy to short the battery when measuring this way. If a cell is under 3.2V You can revive the pack by using the method Addicted described. That has worked for me in the past. DO pay a lot of attention to the safety warning that Addicted's post comes with.