Help! battery question

Marzipan

I just had my Eachine E009 delivered and when I was looking at the battery, it has the p/n 702025 and says 3,7v 200mAh and being so small, probably 1S...but when I Googled that p/n, I'm getting results with ratings from 220mAh to 300mAh. is that funky advertising or am I forgetting to apply one of the nuanced rules about Lipo batteries?

Tench745

Master member
1s is one cell, which outputs 3.7v nominally, so you've got that part right. I would not be surprised if the manufacturer or competitors fudged the capacity rating a little bit to make it sell better.
Some batteries have slightly improved chemistry or internal structure to actually give a slightly higher capacity, but it's also not uncommon for battery makers to use a rating/testing system that will make their numbers look a little better than the competition even though it's essentially the same battery.
Does that answer the question, or could you use some more specific advice/information?

Marzipan

1s is one cell, which outputs 3.7v nominally, so you've got that part right. I would not be surprised if the manufacturer or competitors fudged the capacity rating a little bit to make it sell better.
Some batteries have slightly improved chemistry or internal structure to actually give a slightly higher capacity, but it's also not uncommon for battery makers to use a rating/testing system that will make their numbers look a little better than the competition even though it's essentially the same battery.
Does that answer the question, or could you use some more specific advice/information?

I guess the next thing would be whether the 702025 battery will fit my quadcopter? despite the different capacity rating, it would / should still fit?

Tench745

Master member
I guess the next thing would be whether the 702025 battery will fit my quadcopter? despite the different capacity rating, it would / should still fit?
It will be very close to the same size and should fit. Just double check that the connector on the batteries you order is the same as the batteries you have for your quad because I see a couple different connector styles when I do a quick google of that part number.

Marzipan

It will be very close to the same size and should fit. Just double check that the connector on the batteries you order is the same as the batteries you have for your quad because I see a couple different connector styles when I do a quick google of that part number.

that could be possible...but being it has the same p/n I would expect it to be the same otherwise why have a p/n if it doesn't mean a set spec? :)

I know I know...China. :p

Tench745

Master member
The part number is an industry standard for the battery cell only, not for the whole package. It's kind-of weird like that.

kilroy07

Legendary member
You can basically relate the mAh to flight time. A higher number "should" give you more time to fly.
But to be honest, in small quads like that, you "might" notice the difference, but maybe not.
Especially if like @Tench745 said, different manufacturers will either be a bit more honest (or not) with the batteries capacity.

With these 1C packs they usually just get a tad longer with high ratings, so you should be fine. Just try to center the battery to the frame of the quad and you'll be fine.

Marzipan

You flown the drone yet, if so how’s it fly?

I have tried...but I don't have enough open space to trim before it crashes into something.

and it's been too breezy so far, so can't do it outside. I tried and it was tossed under a truck 30ft away instantly :p

...I'm on the BC pacific coast just below where Alaska ends and we've always got some sort of wind going.

Marzipan

You can basically relate the mAh to flight time. A higher number "should" give you more time to fly.
But to be honest, in small quads like that, you "might" notice the difference, but maybe not.
Especially if like @Tench745 said, different manufacturers will either be a bit more honest (or not) with the batteries capacity.

With these 1C packs they usually just get a tad longer with high ratings, so you should be fine. Just try to center the battery to the frame of the quad and you'll be fine.

the E009 has a plastic cage that it slides into on the bottom, so if it's just longer, it should fit...just trim if it's thrown too off balance I guess.