Help! Battery won’t charge

Hi all. Noob here who is trying to be very safe with batteries. I just got this battery and charger with my P40 build kit and am charging with the balance port in the 3S charge port and charging on 1A. Figured since this can’t do 1.8 for the 1800mAh, I’d be safe at 1. Battery has been plugged in for 2 hours (supervised the whole time) and has charged exactly 0. All 3 LED’s are constantly blinking which the charger instructions say means it is charging and has between 25 and 50% charge. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• CE8D04D3-506C-4B62-9FFC-19F54E34E1EE.jpeg
    CE8D04D3-506C-4B62-9FFC-19F54E34E1EE.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0

dap35

Elite member
Hi all. Noob here who is trying to be very safe with batteries. I just got this battery and charger with my P40 build kit and am charging with the balance port in the 3S charge port and charging on 1A. Figured since this can’t do 1.8 for the 1800mAh, I’d be safe at 1. Battery has been plugged in for 2 hours (supervised the whole time) and has charged exactly 0. All 3 LED’s are constantly blinking which the charger instructions say means it is charging and has between 25 and 50% charge. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
You should have a second (larger) cable that connects into the same leads that you use to connect to the ESC

Attachments

• IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0

Boberticus

top connector is a Deans plug, bottom is a XT60, they are both pretty common for main power supply.

you need a female Deans to a male xt60, heres one from ready made RC for a couple bucks(US supplier, fast shipping)
adaptor

if you are trying to decide which to go with, most batteries are sold with the yellow XT60 plugs nowadays, its better to get a single adaptor for your charger and then only buy XT60 batteries and ESCs so every battery will work with every ESC

It is sorta odd that they didn't include an adapter in the kit, maybe search through any extra wire bundles to be sure its not hiding, and then sending a shout out to their support line chat deal on the store page, they are pretty good with replying and helping folks out.

Bricks

Master member
I have that cable but it is def not the same connector.

You found your problem and found to watch which connectors come on different batteries and some chargers, as always a learning experience. Have a choice choose which connectors you want to use and pick some up and time to learn soldering. Or you can look around for an adapter to make it work.

Thanks all. Really appreciate the help. I ordered that charger because it is the one in the FT starter bundles and rookie move I figured FT used the same connectors throughout their lines.
Anyways, I ordered the adapter and should have it Monday or Tuesday. I guess I’m painting the P40 this weekend instead of flying.
Thanks again. This community has been super helpful with helping me get set up to fly.
Danny

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thanks all. Really appreciate the help. I ordered that charger because it is the one in the FT starter bundles and rookie move I figured FT used the same connectors throughout their lines.
Anyways, I ordered the adapter and should have it Monday or Tuesday. I guess I’m painting the P40 this weekend instead of flying.
Thanks again. This community has been super helpful with helping me get set up to fly.
Danny
Wheres the pics of the p-40?! Why you holding out man?! Let us see the bird at least :p