Battery800 2022 buil-ruary!

Battery800

Elite member
It is almost 2022! I think this year I am experienced enough (and have enough kits lying around) to do a build-ruary! While I am not a very good pilot, I think I am quite good at building, so I have gone with the following

1. Master series mini p-40 (have the kit)
2. Mini p-51 b/c https://www.flitetest.com/articles/miniacrc-mighty-mini-p51b-c-mustang (yet to be printed and cut)
3. 60" Master series C-47 (have the kit)
4. trimotor legacy v2

Battery800

Elite member
One thing I need help with is how to wire up the legacy. I was told that the radiomaster r88 receivers can be used at the same time, and I have 2 of those and the radiomaster tx16s as my radio setup. I will be using 3 separate motor ports. flaps, ailerons and maybe flaperons, elevator, rudder, bomb drop and 7a bec. My question is how to wire up and power both receivers? I am thinking a female to female servo wire between the two of them right now.

FlyingTyger

Elite member
One thing I need help with is how to wire up the legacy. I was told that the radiomaster r88 receivers can be used at the same time, and I have 2 of those and the radiomaster tx16s as my radio setup. I will be using 3 separate motor ports. flaps, ailerons and maybe flaperons, elevator, rudder, bomb drop and 7a bec. My question is how to wire up and power both receivers? I am thinking a female to female servo wire between the two of them right now.

I think they would have to be the R168 receivers. As I understand it, the R88 uses the FrSky D8 protocol which can only transmit 8 controls. The R168 uses the D16 protocol which can do 16 controls. Then, through the setup screen on the TX16S, you bind one receiver as channels 1-8, and the second receiver as channels 9-16.
I have 2 of the R168's coming and can give it a try when they arrive. Unfortunately, I only have one R88 on hand, so I cannot give that one a go.

Battery800

Elite member
I think they would have to be the R168 receivers. As I understand it, the R88 uses the FrSky D8 protocol which can only transmit 8 controls. The R168 uses the D16 protocol which can do 16 controls. Then, through the setup screen on the TX16S, you bind one receiver as channels 1-8, and the second receiver as channels 9-16.
I have 2 of the R168's coming and can give it a try when they arrive. Unfortunately, I only have one R88 on hand, so I cannot give that one a go.
alright, I will wait to hear from you then make a decision
if I can't I might use them in the other planes

Battery800

Elite member
The thing I need help with is powering everything off of one battery if that is possible. I'm not really going for redundancy, I just need a simple receiver that has at least 9 ports

FlyingTyger

Elite member
10 is the most I have seen. If you need more than that, you might be better off running two receivers. Plus, then you can put one in the wing and one in the fuse and save yourself from having a bunch of wires to deal with when you assemble or remove the wing.

Battery800

Elite member
10 is the most I have seen. If you need more than that, you might be better off running two receivers. Plus, then you can put one in the wing and one in the fuse and save yourself from having a bunch of wires to deal with when you assemble or remove the wing.
I think BECs can run off the battery/bind port? In that case I could get 11 ports off the spektrum one. I would prefer not selling my kidney for a single receiver setup, though.