Bday Alien Rippage

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Spent time and worked out a hard mount for the Runcam split to eliminate the sketchy rig I was using when I first put it in. Contray to advertising these do NOT mount right into any standard 5 inch quad camera mounts like the Alien has. While I was working ont his I obviously had finger prints n dust and residual stuck on grass from previous flights so while I had it apart I grabbed the eye glass cleaner and a cloth and cleaned the inside and the outside of the screw in lens. when I went to refocus it I saw that some how condensation was now forming micro droplets between the two lens. there was a point in the focusing that they were very pronounced and visible. this took like 3 days to evaporate and I think there is a residual stain in between them now.
Typical Bills Law.. no good deed or effort goes unpunished.

Anyway at least this has restored my faith in my tuning ability as even with a shaky sketchy camera the quad is reasonably well tuned. There are a few shakes here and there I will have to figure out if they are my own doing or the quads. but this is surely livable.

So the day started with me FINALLY falling a sleep at 6 am... Woke back up around 10 am and started to get motivated for the day. Ended up changing original plans for some park flying and a bbq to take a ride up to the city with Igoo to get the rest of the stuff for FFO and camping. It was after 2 pm by the time we got back so I decided that going up to the park to set up and fly was not going to work as the mid day sun there around that time is inescapable. So out back here at the table in the shade was the new plan. Igoo hung around to help me set up and watched a bit on the monitor but had to get back to start getting the truck ready for the trip.

No big deal as some of my usual spectators were out and about and I invited them to sit in the shade instead of on the hot play set where they watch from. I let them use the monitor to see what I see and they were even more excited then usual. I do believe now I am ready for real races as the noise and distractions from three per teen kids hootin and hollering as I made fast passes and turns. They got especially excited seeing the quad coming straight at us under the first gate right before starting the power loop to the other gate hehe. They thought I was gonna crash into us because they normally don't get to see it fly from that angle. fun stuff making them flinch. :devilish:

So without much more yakking here is a track I have been flying these past two sessions to get ready to try the official track for MultiGP at FFO as I have also been rippin on FPV Freerider layout of the official track. I don't have all that space so key parts of the track mainly the power loop double gate is what I am working on to get that tighter and faster. Also think I found a slightly better tune for TAZ on 5s so that's another small step closer to ready as well.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
TY sir!
Word of advise... Don't get old.. the world looks totally different when you are over halfway to dedd. Still was a pretty fun day though with the kids as excited as they were.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
TY sir!
Word of advise... Don't get old.. the world looks totally different when you are over halfway to dedd. Still was a pretty fun day though with the kids as excited as they were.
The thing about being old is you know you are already past the half way to dedd point but cannot remember exactly when it was!

have fun!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
true... I can't remember things I did a few hours ago yet I can remember things from before I could speak, yell from a tree, or fling poo at the neighbors in the next tree.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Went to the field and gave away a ST Models AWS28 (?) along with a spectrum Rx, (no battery).

Received a Near new Mini Saturn needs slight repair, (very minor).

Got another order for a FB model of my own design based upon its performance in the air. Too much to build and repair really but I will get through them eventually. I am slowly turning my club into a FB fliers club!

Have fun!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Happy Birthday Old Man :D

Nice ripping, your fingers seem to be holding up at least :devilish::devilish:

I am not so sure about that mate. I think the wobbles coming out of the power loop-ish part of the run are spastic fingers on them sensitive M9 gimbals. Wish that fat runcam splt camera allowed for more tilt in the Alien frame so I could really hit it hard and see what I can do.

Just have to keep chipping away at Taz's tune one battery at a time I guess. soon..... At least I will be semi prepared for the MGP track at FFO to get a feel for the real track racing as well as flying with other pilots in the air as moving obstacles.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I am not so sure about that mate. I think the wobbles coming out of the power loop-ish part of the run are spastic fingers on them sensitive M9 gimbals.

Looked pretty good to me man, if I was on the sticks I would've hit the first gate and broken an arm and a motor or 2 :p

LitterBug

Techno Nut
HBD PB!,
Dude, How do you see those gates and not hit them? Thems some skillz! I have one really big, easy to see gate, and I hit it every time I try to go through it.

I am old enough, I don't remember what, huh, uhhh. OK

Cheerz!
LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
HBD PB!,
Dude, How do you see those gates and not hit them? Thems some skillz! I have one really big, easy to see gate, and I hit it every time I try to go through it.

I am old enough, I don't remember what, huh, uhhh. OK

Cheerz!
LB

I probably focus my cameras a bit different then other people. that and with my eyes and the ocular migraines I need to set my cameras light handling and contrasts different as well. I actually hate the run cam split settings. Instead of making the HD part neutral because every one color grades they did their prefrences there and limited how the FPV part can be manipulated. What REALLY pisses me off is they STILL keep leaving the day to night transition times defaulted for static indoor use.. WTH is that about.

If they would make the split HD part neutral and then let the FPV part have the controls of the Micro swift 2 cameras This would be the perfect setup and give the best of both worlds.. but hey I don't exist so what do I know.

I look for the gates as I round that flag coming off the straight and get lined up as fast as possible to lead into the gate. Its nice because you see then up close at the edge because of the fish eye of the lens even though my focus is set to only 5 feet or so. I set my Taranis on the white kitchen floor with the over head light on and focus the lens so the radio is crystal clear at ~5 - 6 feet away.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@Luis Thanx mate yes am looking forward to seeing you again. Is Carter coming this year again? I'll bet he is almost as tall as we are now huh. We should do a side bar and see who is heading west and when maybe we can create an FT Caravan. Jim is coming across I90 more then likely once again and more then likely Tom and I will do the same. We could cross the state and meet you somewhere along the way maybe. Roll up on FFO in force! We are planning an early departure on Wednesday with an arrival in Malvern around lunch time.

@Damo Thank you sir. Wish I could do that but this time of year all funds are getting rerouted to the FFO trip. I did however root thru my dwindling stock and found the Kahlua. I drizzled some of that over an ice cream sandwich and covered all the bases at once. Cake and ice cream and a celebratory drink!

@Jonathan Thank you to old friend. That whole ending up in the grass under the gate thing is a regular occurrence getting to this point. AS you see even that flight ended in a tumble. I soo love that Alien as it takes it all and jumps right back up in the mix.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
@Luis Thanx mate yes am looking forward to seeing you again. Is Carter coming this year again? I'll bet he is almost as tall as we are now huh. We should do a side bar and see who is heading west and when maybe we can create an FT Caravan. Jim is coming across I90 more then likely once again and more then likely Tom and I will do the same. We could cross the state and meet you somewhere along the way maybe. Roll up on FFO in force! We are planning an early departure on Wednesday with an arrival in Malvern around lunch time.

Yes Carter is coming with me again this year. I don't think he'd let me leave the house without him :ROFLMAO:. We are leaving on Wed as well, not sure what time yet.