Be Safe, Floridians!

Liam B

I'm not sure if any one of you live in the vacinity of where Hurricane Irma will hit, but please be careful and your in my prayers.

I know that Aviator PPG is in Lake Wales (hopefully it won't go that far up) and that Fred lives further north. Anyhow, please be safe!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Last I checked it is going in towards the gulf then looping back north and east across the south end of the state and traveling up the coast as it loses power. Will still be a cat 3 when it hits Georgia and the Carolina's. This is a serious storm that going to effect a lot of people in a bad way for sure.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Here's hoping all our south-easterly friends and family come through safely. And for all you US home-owners out there, this is a good reminder to do an insurance check up and make sure you have the appropriate riders and clauses. I'm hearing of folks who either didn't have flood insurance losing everything, or finding their insurance only covered the bank's mortgage portion and not the homeowners equity in the property (and thus losing everything).

jack10525

I'm right in the bullseye!!! I got my shutters up and put everything in the garage. Going a little north and inland to ride it out. I just hope we don't lose power too long. 25 years ago hurricane Andrew leveled South Miami Dade county. Hope we don't have a repeat.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
We have just opposite here in Washington State, everything is on fire. The smoke and ash was pretty bad but clearing up now. Hope all goes well for you guys in FL. Sounds like we need to pray for rain and you guys pray for sun.

Liam B

We have just opposite here in Washington State, everything is on fire. The smoke and ash was pretty bad but clearing up now. Hope all goes well for you guys in FL. Sounds like we need to pray for rain and you guys pray for sun.

There are five fires in my area. Visibility is around 100 feet, depending on wind direction. All the S-2 Trackers, OV-10s, and DC-10s are circling above like a swarm of hawks over their prey. Quite the site to behold.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
We're buttoned up and waiting for it to pass now, not my first rodeo... Interested to see what's happening because the storm has practically stopped moving at this time. We don't want it to stop and pound us, or move slowly over the strait and pick up steam. Sit tight west coast!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Who's up for round two?
hurricane Nate is headed for what Irma missed where I believe FlyingMonkey and I are.