Beautiful flying day today! Got My Phenix60 Happymodel wing up.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you have diversity antenbas on your receiver for that set up? If so how did you orient them.

For quads we can get away with them 90 degree offset in the same plane. For fixed wing one should be verticle the second horizontal.

I run one straight up and the other parallel to the wing as having the second run down the fuselage isnt very effective when flying left to right or right to left in relation to your pilot station.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Do you have diversity antenbas on your receiver for that set up? If so how did you orient them.

For quads we can get away with them 90 degree offset in the same plane. For fixed wing one should be verticle the second horizontal.

I run one straight up and the other parallel to the wing as having the second run down the fuselage isnt very effective when flying left to right or right to left in relation to your pilot station.

No, this receiver doesn't have diversity and is quoted to about 600m range. I was around 100m away when it flipped.
I don't mind too much as this is my 'basher' wing to get to know it properly as I have the same wing loaded with Inav/GPS etc and I didn't want to do that initial learning on it.
Already I've found the CofG is much better about 1.5cm in front of the stated on the plans.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Nice flying! Hope the damage wasn't too bad. What happens on failsafe with that wing/RX? Is it set to roll right? I used to setup my aircraft to do that, thinking if I lost signal due to orientation, it might regain if I have it roll/spiral down, but the one time it did lose signal, it was terrifying and I was lucky that I was high enough to be able to recover after signal was regained. It happened to be a wing as well. Now, my failsafe is to cut motor, and about 1/4 to 1/2 up elevator. Of course, that won't help if it's inverted! :p

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Nice flying! Hope the damage wasn't too bad. What happens on failsafe with that wing/RX? Is it set to roll right? I used to setup my aircraft to do that, thinking if I lost signal due to orientation, it might regain if I have it roll/spiral down, but the one time it did lose signal, it was terrifying and I was lucky that I was high enough to be able to recover after signal was regained. It happened to be a wing as well. Now, my failsafe is to cut motor, and about 1/4 to 1/2 up elevator. Of course, that won't help if it's inverted! :p
I checked the failsafe just to cut the motor. Just weird how it decided to flip like that. Martin who was watching said, "Was that you?", "Nope I said, no idea why that happened!!!"

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Checked the receiver...only does throttle cut on failsafe.

Screenshot_20190216-172811~2.png

Bricks

Master member
Were you slowing down when you went into that last turn? I have a couple of wings that if I get just a little to slow and make a hard turn they will tip stall very badly every time. I have learned to either keep up my speed or give throttle in the turn.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Were you slowing down when you went into that last turn? I have a couple of wings that if I get just a little to slow and make a hard turn they will tip stall very badly every time. I have learned to either keep up my speed or give throttle in the turn.
Maybe!!! This wing seems to bite!!!