BEAVIS!!!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Full contact has gotta be rough. Seen some vids of the flight fest combat sessions. I wonder what plane would work best for that...I'm thinking a lifting body. There was a challenge a while back here to make a good lifting body, I may tackle it some time. There's this certain shape that creates a lot of non-traditional lift I think would be perfect for a lifting body with no extra wing surfaces...;). Good luck with Beavis, you still might want to consider the TP streamer just for dramatic effect.

OliverW

Legendary member
Full contact has gotta be rough. Seen some vids of the flight fest combat sessions. I wonder what plane would work best for that...I'm thinking a lifting body. There was a challenge a while back here to make a good lifting body, I may tackle it some time. There's this certain shape that creates a lot of non-traditional lift I think would be perfect for a lifting body with no extra wing surfaces...;). Good luck with Beavis, you still might want to consider the TP streamer just for dramatic effect.
If I have enough TP, I for sure will!

OliverW

Legendary member
I want to maiden Beavis tomorrow instead of at the club. I would rather something go wrong there then have it go back into the pits

OliverW

Legendary member
Beavis lives!
20190717_214537.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
Beavis flew!!! My cameraman decided he didn't want to go, so here is what happened. I launched him, and he came back at me in knife edge, he almost hit me, and then I somehow recovered and flew him around. It felt like his CG was way off, like he was super nose heavy. I brought him in and then he came in hot and went through the tall grass and got soaked.

OliverW

Legendary member
Beavis plans? He was a super great combat ship, and I had a blast crashing him. Would anybody he interested?
20200415_195422.jpg