Because I was taking another thread off topic...

Bolvon72

Mentor
Anthemius,

I also got into this hobby for aerial photography. It started with a toy plane with a camera built in and gradually has progressed to gathering equipment for FPV flying. I enjoy looking over the video afterwards as much as the flight itself.

As of yet I am just running a hobbyking wing cam from various angles from whichever plane can get me the highest and smoothest. I used to use a keychain cam, but the image pales in comparison to the HK wing cam. It will soon be a gopro for me.

Anthemius

i think that a go pro is a good compromise. i would love to have a go pro 3. just time to me to learn how to fly beter and save some box..
I'm just wondering if my receiver and my radio will have a sufficient scope.
i have some signal loss problems a little near 250 meters = 820ft from 2days ago , I think that it is time to change the batteries in the radio. hope that it comes from that.
I made my first experience filming with my phone hangs below my airplane and even if the images were not beautiful , I had a lot of plaisure. i ll try again. :)
you can see it there.. :

ps : good idea to open this thread, i didnt realize that we where straying off the other topic :) thx

Last edited:

Bolvon72

Mentor
Looks like you're flying fine, looks like you've built a nice stable plane. I use a DX6I and the OrangeRx 610. I can't be sure if the motor cutting off a couple of times in the middle of my last video was from losing contact or me getting nervous and chopping it down below. I can't remember much from that flight except the fear as it passed into the clouds. I was most likely cutting the throttle because it kept climbing after that.

This was my sad start into the air with a 2 channel toy. Watching it again I think I may take it up tomorrow for the fun of it.

Anthemius

hello Bolvon

I understand that you were afraid of passing clouds .. I would also be.
I think that I have found the solution to my problem of loss of control. I let the antenna inside the fuselage but today i did outside the fuselage and no loss of control. I believe that I even did my best flight.

Bolvon72

Mentor
Great flight, it looks like there was great weather on both sides of the Atlantic today. I am really starting to like your plane, very smooth flyer. I spent all day flying plane after plane. It was a bit windy early on but it was completely clear and still by the time I ran the Fogey up for a final slow and easy run.

Lively dog you have there, mine used to chase my planes but she's 11 now and lost interest and energy quick.

Congratulations on your landing... I think... lol

Bolvon72

Mentor
Here's some parts from the last Bixler flight of the day, I had to replace my servos before this one as the stock ones left me with a stuck rudder about 50 meters up. She is doing fine now though.

Anthemius

thank you for your comment Bolvon
yes, very clear last time. with almost 40KM / H = 11.1 MS wind.
my dog ​​did only 5 months so full of energy lol :) she loves to jog after the plane. thank you for the landing, it was rather complicated but with a little patience, I was able to engage on the right axis.
do you have the bixler V1 or V2? i would'd love to buy the V2 but shipping are double the price ..
in fact, it is thanks to Bixler and video of Josh and Josh that I've built my plane.
Now, I'll make another but with propultion back.just to save my propellers and take some beter onboard videos with the camera in front. :)

friendly

Bolvon72

Mentor
I got the V1 because it was what I was going to buy as my first plane. It was order from global only at that time and after I got it in the cart and saw $50 shipping I went with another plane from hobbyzone.com... free shipping. It came in stock with HK US but was still $20 shipping. Worth it now that I have fixed all the bugs that came with it. Maybe the UK warehouse would be cheaper to ship to you?

I did see your build thread for the Lazystar, I am impressed with your design for your first time out. I hope to be able to design a working plane someday, I am a three time loser so far on plane design. That is if you don't count the Stop Sign, which is just a flat nutball.

I just yesterday received all of the supplies for David's tricopter build, only 1.5 weeks from Hong Kong! I will be working on no planes while I figure this one out. I guess it is off to the hardware store tomorrow to try and find the wood and material for the frame. I thought I had a couple of more weeks before the gear got here.

I took the Bixler with the HK wing cam up today about 15 miles from home out in the middle of nowhere. I had my old keychain camera on my hat and was going to splice the footage, but after getting used to HD I could not bear to use the ground view. The wing cam will be my go to hat cam once I get a GoPro.

Oh well, here it is:

Last edited:

Anthemius

yep , maybe i should look into UK for less shiping. :)
I'm sure you'll get there with your build.. and if you need help, I am available to help you. even if my knowledge is relatively limited.
you're lucky to have a middleofnowhere near your place.. here, there are vineyards everywhere .. not obvious to find freespace to launch. love your video .. and once again, good music. how much wingspan is the bixler 1 ? weight ?

last night i v build a new wing in one part, with no diedrale. im very happy with the result, 5.64oz in total. thats great :)
i need now to make a new fuselage. wingsPAINT.jpg

Anthemius

Last edited:

Bolvon72

Mentor
Le Bixler est de 55 pouces. Je ne sais pas le poids de l'avion. J'ai vu la vidéo de David, c'est incroyable. David est un héros pour moi, il est génial. J'ai acheté le bois et plexiglas ce matin et va travailler sur le soir hélicoptère. Je suis en vacances pour une semaine donc j'espère le terminer d'ici là.

Je voulais poser des questions sur la chanson dans votre vidéo, vous avez produire celui-là? Je l'aime.

Bonne chance pour la conception du fuselage nouvelle. Comment est mon français? Je devrais jour comment est Google?

Anthemius

ton francais est de bon niveau :) ou as tu apprit ? oh i see you did google.. ;) but for the other, lets continu in english :)
i am looking forward to see the progress of your helicopter building .. :) Give us some pics ..
when you talk about the music.. in the last one ? it is Ghost Poet.. i love it.
tonight i ll begin the fuselage.. i ll set some pics tomorow.

:)