beef motor at full throttle position cutting in and out

DavidAussie1966

Hello to all :) David < Newbie to Forums, I have a Beef motor set up in the FT-3D and at full throttle position the motor is cutting in and out and runs slower ? is this some over speed protection , then does this mean that my initial throttle set up with the transmitter and receiver is not correct , I turn the transmitter on with the throttle in full position and then connect power to the plane and wait for the beeps then move the throttle stick back down to off position ,then when I try the throttle it works but at near or at full power it starts cutting in and out and the motor runs slower :confused:, ty for any help from any one that can help with this problem I am having here

DavidAussie1966

the set up that's in the plane is , Emax GT2215-09 1180KV 2.25 lbs thrus , Lazertoyz 30 Amp ESC and the lipo battery is a 1600mah , I have a 10 x 7 prop as well

DavidAussie1966

set up details i have

Hello Ron , the set up that's in the plane is , Emax GT2215-09 1180KV 2.25 lbs thrus , Lazertoyz 30 Amp ESC and the lipo battery is a 1600mah , I have a 10 x 7 prop as well

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Does it happen with the prop installed only, or also when the prop is removed? I had a bad esc that would be ok without prop, but when the prop was installed it would go faster and slower all the time above half throttle. New esc fixed the problem. Do you have another esc to test?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
David,

You might be loosing sync on the ESC at full throttle -- the ESC is expecting the poles to switch faster than they actually are and is movign forward to the next phase a hair too early. When this happens, every once in a while the motor is actually dragged backwards throguh a phase until it catches the sync again, kinda like a cylinder misfiring in a gas engine.

Go into your ESC settings and change the sync rate. You should have 3-4 settings (low,medium,high and sometimes auto). IIRC, if the motor looses sync at the top of throttle, the fix is to move from medium to high, and lost sync at the bottom of the throttle, the fix is to move to low . . . but it's been a while since I've had to play with that.

Be advised, lost sync conditions really let the current flow, so limit the time it happens while testing. staying like that for more than a few seconds can burn out your motor/ESC.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!