Beginner Builder/Flyer Feeling Very Discouraged

pghat15

Ah, gotcha. Nice to know they are inclusive. It's true though that most of the clubs I see are much older than I am. Sometimes makes me think if I'm in the wrong hobby. :/ It makes sense that they'd prefer face-to-face than email. I did visit the field on a Friday, hoping to run into someone, but it was empty then. I'm gonna try again.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
+1 for baseball fields, soccer fields, and football fields at times when people aren’t around. I’ll also fly my quad at a big park that has a sign that shows no rc planes or model rockets ;)

I may have even been known to fly a cemetery before...

Last edited:

pghat15

Hi everyone, so I’m finally hearing back from the club members and got in touch with one of the instructors. I’m going to the field to meet up at their Turkey Shoot contest this Sunday. He said there will be several instructors there that day and we can figure out what works best for my needs. Looking forward to it! From pictures it seems they’re mostly into large nitro planes, that’ll be fun to watch. All the RC I’ve experienced since I got started has been YouTube only, haha, and a Syma helicopter I borrowed from a friend. I might take my FT racer and have them check it out, too.

I was just wondering, any progress on the OPs front, bravo94?