beginner diy rc plane? On a budget

mastermalpass

Elite member

The transmitter is a good one and that looks to be a pretty standard price for one.
I buy the little bargain packs with the orange motor and yellow ESC as well, they do me good. But the specific one you have there with the 40a ESC is a bit much for the early trainers. I'd check the Amps on the ESC, prop diameter, kv on the motor, for which ever power pack the tiny trainer uses.

Inq

Elite member
This is about the least expensive radio combo out there that is of any quality. I just read that Edge(or Open)TX will be releasing a version to flash the FSi6X.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8VCB45/?tag=lstir-20

I'm interested in hacking my FSi6X. I noted even the stock capability allows me to integrate an mpu (Arduino, etc) on the plane end using "ibus" and pump telemetry down to the transmitter and display it on the screen. As soon as I can fly well enough to be distracted, I want to play with this feature.

AND... I've Googled "EdgeTX" and found the site. Currently it doesn't mention being available for the FSi6X. I've read through the Home, About, FAQ, WIKI. I must be blind... so far, all I find is how to install it. I can't seem to find anything that says what it will do differently or better. I do like the idea of hacking and being able to make enhancements, but I've yet to find something I need or want to change on the FSi6X, but I'm new using it also.

What does EdgeTX do?

Thanks for your post.
VBR,
Inq

luvmy40

Elite member
I'm interested in hacking my FSi6X. I noted even the stock capability allows me to integrate an mpu (Arduino, etc) on the plane end using "ibus" and pump telemetry down to the transmitter and display it on the screen. As soon as I can fly well enough to be distracted, I want to play with this feature.

AND... I've Googled "EdgeTX" and found the site. Currently it doesn't mention being available for the FSi6X. I've read through the Home, About, FAQ, WIKI. I must be blind... so far, all I find is how to install it. I can't seem to find anything that says what it will do differently or better. I do like the idea of hacking and being able to make enhancements, but I've yet to find something I need or want to change on the FSi6X, but I'm new using it also.

What does EdgeTX do?
X
Thanks for your post.
VBR,
Inq
It's actually OpenTx that has a version for the FSi6X either coming soon, or available now. Here's a year old YouTube on it:

There are several YouTube vids regarding OpenTX and the FSi6X.

Reactions: Inq

bisco

Elite member
i started with a 3 channel smart dart, and parts from value hobby. easy to fly and very inexpensive: