beginner FPV?

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
So how many inches have you got? 17"?

michaelscott.jpg

marzvt

Personally. I would just get a readymaderc system. Thats what I did. they are scalable, you wont plow them up by mixing voltages. When you are starting fpv there are enough things to problemsolve with signal and grounding. The learning curve is high enough. Start with a goob base, then build from that.

For my first monitor I used a laptop with a usb input. Its a cheap way to go and has recording built it, make a sun screen out of black foam board and call it a day.
Save your money and effort for goggles. It because a completely different experience what I got my Dominators.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Yep, it came in this past Monday...I've been down with the flu the past couple days. I'll post some pics of it. I like it so far...it'll be a good intro setup to FPV and I'll be able to upgrade with better equipment as i go. I also got the Eagletree diversity receiver...it has a built in micro SD card slot.

Last edited:

rcjose

I have the 900Mhz 800Mw FVP kit from Hobbby King. So far so good. I upgraded the transmitter antenna with an inverted v-dipole antenna. I have a review of it and my other FPV gear on my youtube channel. www.youtube.com/rcjoseb

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So is there a considerable increase in range between 200mW and 800mW? because there is little difference in price... The difference is bigger in weight!

Flying

Has anyone had issues with a 900MHz 200mw video set-up and 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver. Because my friend has flown out of range with his corona 2.4 system (meant to have 2km+ range) 2 times now losing control of his model but video was still solid both times. He was flying about 300 meters away. Does the video transmitter reduce the range of the corona TX and RX What can we do to minimise this happening again and is 5.8GHz maybe a better choice. Has anyone done any testing.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Has anyone had issues with a 900MHz 200mw video set-up and 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver. Because my friend has flown out of range with his corona 2.4 system (meant to have 2km+ range) 2 times now losing control of his model but video was still solid both times. He was flying about 300 meters away. Does the video transmitter reduce the range of the corona TX and RX What can we do to minimise this happening again and is 5.8GHz maybe a better choice. Has anyone done any testing.

I read somewhere that 900MHz is bad to use with a 2.4 GHz Tx, I have no clue as for why, but in your case, I would use the 5.8GHz...

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
If he's getting decreased RC range with the 900MHz video system and his 2.4GHz TX, he needs a low pass filter on the video TX. It will reduce interference that would cause a decrease in RC range.

Low Pass Filter for 900MHz Antennas

It plugs in-line between the VTX and antenna.

1d4fab3ffa8c8d0cd5348059d18c9a38.image.733x550.JPG

epiper93

I would really like to "try" FPV, can anyone help me in telling me an estimated price, and what i'll need to get started (i'm completley FPV illiterate.)

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I would really like to "try" FPV, can anyone help me in telling me an estimated price, and what i'll need to get started (i'm completley FPV illiterate.)
That's exactly what we've been talking about here...This is the least expensive way to try out FPV and you can easily upgrade components as you go.

900MHZ 200mW Tx/Rx & 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC

There's a video on post #8 showing exactly what this system looks like in the air.