beginner power pack.

foodog

looking for the best beginner power pack..something to swap to different planes .. like the mini trainer, commuter to eventually mini war birds...
most mention power packs A, F or B.. hopefully be able to also use the same battery for most models.

FDS

Elite member
The batteries don’t always swap between planes, generally the bigger Simple Series planes keep similar sizes, a 2200mah 3s 40C will do most of those. The Tiny Trainer uses smaller packs, mine were about $9 each so it was easy to have lots.
Pick a starter plane, fly it until it’s destroyed, then salvage the electronics and build another. That is better than trying to move between multiple planes. Things like servos are bonded into the airframe, you can’t easily switch them.

foodog

The batteries don’t always swap between planes, generally the bigger Simple Series planes keep similar sizes, a 2200mah 3s 40C will do most of those. The Tiny Trainer uses smaller packs, mine were about $9 each so it was easy to have lots.
Pick a starter plane, fly it until it’s destroyed, then salvage the electronics and build another. That is better than trying to move between multiple planes. Things like servos are bonded into the airframe, you can’t easily switch them.

will probably fly the planes till wont fly no more ..but was wondering what power pack would be best for most of those models..

FDS

Elite member
Depends on the size. Simple series have the most common size on batteries. Decide on your learner plane based on how easy it is to fly and build, since if you can’t get that done you won’t be building more planes.
If you buy non FT stuff and have a transmitter the parts required for new planes are much less than the cost of multiple power packs. I budget for 4 servos ($20) ESC ($15) motor ($15 ish ) Prop ($5) and then move the receiver. That’s $55 with everything per plane.

foodog

Depends on the size. Simple series have the most common size on batteries. Decide on your learner plane based on how easy it is to fly and build, since if you can’t get that done you won’t be building more planes.
If you buy non FT stuff and have a transmitter the parts required for new planes are much less than the cost of multiple power packs. I budget for 4 servos ($20) ESC ($15) motor ($15 ish ) Prop ($5) and then move the receiver. That’s $55 with everything per plane.

KK buy as far as power packs are concerned... presently leaning towards the F pack

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'd go with the B or C pack as they will fly the larger ft planes which are typically easier to fly.

Reactions: FDS

CustomRCMods

Elite member
@The Hangar nailed it.... bigger planes tend to fly slower and smoother. I’d go for the B pack, wide amt of planes to use it with, and has good beginner power. Ft packs are good however if you are looking for something more economical, you can part it together yourself for about half the price... i like this setup here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E7LG85O/?tag=lstir-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirec...6&widgetName=sp_phone_search_atf&tag=lstir-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWTKQM6/?tag=lstir-20