Solved Beginner questions

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
The transmitter and receiver both have to use the same protocol. For example, Spektrum mostly uses dsmx protocol, so a transmitter that uses dsmx would need a receiver that also uses dsmx.

Azariah

The transmitter and receiver both have to use the same protocol. For example, Spektrum mostly uses dsmx protocol, so a transmitter that uses dsmx would need a receiver that also uses dsmx.
What if it’s like one of those off brand transmitters that comes with the little drones you can buy at Walmart, is there any receivers that can bind with those?

Azariah

i Want to order a micro receiver for a project but I don’t know how to check if it’s compatible with the transmitter I have or if I’ll just have to buy a new transmitter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
What if it’s like one of those off brand transmitters that comes with the little drones you can buy at Walmart, is there any receivers that can bind with those?
I’m not sure if it will be compatible with anything. Somebody else might though.

Corbarrad

You will most likely not find a stand-alone receiver that is compatible with that Transmitter, as it was likely made to be used with that drone and that drone only.
I could not even find an actual manufacturer after looking up the manual the manual, just an importer.
With a whole lot of know-how and equipment I am sure you could identify the protocol and find out if there is a compatible receiver but I think your best bet would be to get a cheap TX/RX combo and be done with it.
I haven't had to deal with getting a new TX in a while and I am pretty much locked to the spektrum dsmx protocol by what I already own anyway so I can't tell you what to get... but there's plenty of threads on that if you do a casual search of the foruns, like this one.

Another thing: Try not to open multiple threads on one topic across the different forum sections. That makes it hard for everyone else to keep up.

Last edited:

Azariah

You will most likely not find a stand-alone receiver that is compatible with that Transmitter, as it was liely made to be used with that drone and that drone only.
I could even find an actual manufacturer after looking up the manual the manual, just an importer.
With a whole lot of know-how and equipment I am sure you could identify the protocol and if there is a compatible receiver but I think your best bet would be to get a cheap TX/RX combo and be done with it.
I haven't had to deal with getting a new TX in a while and I am pretty much locked to the spektrum dsmx protocol by what I already own anyway So I can't tell you what to get... but there's plenty of threads on that if you do a casual search of the foruns, like this one.

Another thing: Try not to open multiple threads on one topic across the different forum sections. That makes it hard for everyone else to keep up.
Okay thank you so much your help is really appreciated