Beginners plans on flitetest

rcrcnitesh

Hello to all I took the printout of the plans of the ft flyer and everything is ready buone doubt should i make my plane with 3mm coro or depron in India depron is very heavy seriously so should i go with 3mm coro or depron

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If the coroplast is the lighter of the two, go with that. I've seen a few designs done in the coro with no issues other than a slight weight gain.

zev

lumpy member
I would recommend trying the FT old fogey as well. probably after the flyer as it is a little harder to build, but an awesome slow flyer.

ziffa27

I want to know any good plans for beginners on flitetest i checked out pegassus but there was no plan

Hey all, my name is Andrew and i am new to this hobby.
Like my friend (rcrcnitesh) i would like to know which plan i should go for my first plan.
This is not really my first plan i have build and crash this) after few seconds/minutes like 3 take off but the landing was very bad.
Than i desided to buy a kit and i bought the (3 Pack Swappable Speed Build Kit) and build the FT Nutball and crashed and than go for my 3rd the FT Flyer and YES crashed too :(.
After all these crash's i think the most problem i am having is that i live in Malta and it is always a bit windy + i need more experience.
So my question is which plan do you suggest me to go for now from the FT plans?
Thank you a lot all :)

eagle4

Ziffa, firstly i'd suggest try to get the Ft flyer flying. get comfortable with that one. as its super easy to repair if you do crash it, and its also very stable. dont worry, we all crash. personallly i dont fly if its too windy. but keep in mind the lighter your plane the more the wind will affect it.

seeing as you've got the 3 pack, i'd suggest your next plane be the ft delta. cause you've already got it. and its a nice progression from the flyer and the nutball. after that the world is your oyster. I really like the FT Bloody Wonder. as it has an aerofoil it had good lift capabilities. you might also like to try the new FT F22 that's just been released. it handles great and also penetrates the wind pretty well if you put a heavier battery in it.

but first i'd suggest getting comfortable with the ft flyer and nutball. once you can fly them both around easily and without losing orientation then you're ready for bigger and better things :)

oh and welcome to the forums :)
i'm looking to see more from you

Dave

ziffa27

Ziffa, firstly i'd suggest try to get the Ft flyer flying. get comfortable with that one. as its super easy to repair if you do crash it, and its also very stable. dont worry, we all crash. personallly i dont fly if its too windy. but keep in mind the lighter your plane the more the wind will affect it.

seeing as you've got the 3 pack, i'd suggest your next plane be the ft delta. cause you've already got it. and its a nice progression from the flyer and the nutball. after that the world is your oyster. I really like the FT Bloody Wonder. as it has an aerofoil it had good lift capabilities. you might also like to try the new FT F22 that's just been released. it handles great and also penetrates the wind pretty well if you put a heavier battery in it.

but first i'd suggest getting comfortable with the ft flyer and nutball. once you can fly them both around easily and without losing orientation then you're ready for bigger and better things :)

oh and welcome to the forums :)
i'm looking to see more from you

Dave

Hey Dave,
First of all thanks a lot for your reply and the welcome :)
So you suggest that i keep trying to make/try fly the FT Flyer even if it didn't went well and not going for something else?
How i already said i think the most problem is the wind.
A normal day not windy like today here in Malta is (wind: 27 km per hour) which is a lot.
I have heard that a good wind to fly is (wind: 5 m per hour) which is like 8km is that correctly?
Thanks a lot to all.