Ben & Sam play "Flitetest" - episode 2 - Air Burst Rockets

4n6days

My kids love Flitetest. They ask me all the time, "is there a new Josh and Josh!!?" And of course, they pretend to BE Josh and Josh (and sometimes Chad).

So anyway, here is another 'tribute' from two of your biggest (and littlest) fans!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I think whoever invented the patch valve for the rocket is a genius! I just used a hand-activated ball valve for my air rifle.

4n6days

Agreed. It's so simple and the little patches are cheap. It comes with whites one and thicker red ones. The box says that two reds used together will blow at 150psi and send the rocket up 1000 feet, When we tried it, it got up to 175 and we couldn't pump it anymore... never blew, so we tried 3 white ones, those blew at about 170psi and (i'm guessing) went about 1000 feet. A lot of fun without having to deal with the safety issues of rocket engines.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Agreed. It's so simple and the little patches are cheap. It comes with whites one and thicker red ones. The box says that two reds used together will blow at 150psi and send the rocket up 1000 feet, When we tried it, it got up to 175 and we couldn't pump it anymore... never blew, so we tried 3 white ones, those blew at about 170psi and (i'm guessing) went about 1000 feet. A lot of fun without having to deal with the safety issues of rocket engines.

I don't know about my rifle thing, but I think it would go to around 80 psi. But it could shoot a 1/8 thick bolt through a sheet of 4mm heavy plywood.

As for effectiveness, it's pretty darn accurate - being able to kill a matchbox from 30 feet away... The reload times suck, at two minutes per shot.

One cool thing is that the decompressing air would cool down the metallic ball valve quite a bit :) and it would also condense air and blast vapor out along with the bolt.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

teflyer

Full Circle
Wow! That thing looks like it can do some serious punisment! I would really really not like to have one pointed at me! :p