Best Aerial Videos!

earthsciteach

Great vids! I really like the ManillaDunes virtual cockpit video. It is very much like flying in a real (forgive the term) airplane. Not sure what the blood splatter on the right hand window is all about. I can only assume it was a zombie prop strike upon escaping from the apocalypse. Beautiful dunes! Reminds my of my childhood home on the coast of southern Delaware. Sniff....

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Eye, the relative movement between the aircraft and the camera lead me to suspect a gyro stabilized camera. Yes?

And what is the platform? I'm thinking Twin Otter perhaps?

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Fair enough, while we wait for Eye to weigh in on the matter, care to venture an explanation of your own?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If I were to start discussing that, I'd be wasting my time, since you are a very good maker-of-points, and I have never had enough good points on my side to finish the discussion. But anyway, I'll try to explain:

As you can see in the video, there is a rifle replica hanging in the cockpit. Also, there is "blood" on the window. Therefore, we must assume that the location of the plane (in a desert) is due to the location of the rebellious forces using it. Now if we analyze the meaning of the word "Gyro" (look it up in wikipedia) we see that they "In Greece, the meat is typically pork or lamb but can occasionally be chicken or veal, while in Cyprus it is most commonly pork or chicken" and there is hardly any chicken, pork, or lamb available so far out in the desert. Therefore, we are able to conclude that there is no Gyro in the desert.

Now for the real thing, I don't see any stabilization in relation to the plane, I only see panning...

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Haha. Very well then. No gyros in the desert. Still, there is an obvious excess of movement that the camera leaves out. Much of the plane's pitching up and down as well as the right and left turns always precede the camera. To me, a gyro, or a showarma, or some sort of food wrap would explain this better than a static mounted camera with only pan and tilt control, which by the way, we really don't see anything that could be called a deliberate pan or tilt. The camera always remains operating within a certain "window".

By the way, having been to Greece several times, the gyros there totally taste way better than anywhere else I've had them. My favorite Greek sandwich was the express souvlaki in the pita with tzatziki. Not the processed meat phonies we see around here. Good stuff, nai!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This is just me thinking out loud, but... It looks like the camera is mounted on the horizontal stabilizer. The "corrective movements" are the result of the surface flexing with the control inputs. At least that's how it appears to me.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This is video taken from some jobs and from fun flying, It's our 2010 demo. Using MK Hexakopter, Canon Vixia R10 video camera. Thanks for watching.

This is awesome! it's incredibly stable in the air, and the shots are very professional!

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
This video was filmed using a quad-copter that I designed and built. I designed this quad, to be exceptionally stable, it is not fast, or aerobatic in any way, but for filming it is proving to be more than amazing. No stabilization software was used on any of the shots in this video.

Enjoy!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Wow Eric! Nice video. I liked the aerial angles with the autumn leaves and water shots. All very nicely done.

I've got a friend at the church who we've been trying to get into flying but he's been holding off to support his photography. Maybe I can get him in with this.