best cordless hot glue gun

david_carter

Hi all, what brand is the cordless hot glue gun used in the test flite duster build video or what cordless glue gun would you recommend. Thanks, David

tramsgar

Hi and welcome! Where do you live? Makes a difference in brand availability... Also, you could try to ask Chad in his "Ask Chad" thread about their cordless glue gun and what their opinion of it is.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Walmart has a few to choose from and if I'm not mistaken, the cordless one they have been using on the builds lately seems to be just like the one I saw there last week.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Surebonder makes some very good guns. I got mine (not cordless) from Dick Blick Art Supplies for under $10.
Walmart gets $20 for the same gun.

Thurmond

tramsgar

For anyone living in Sweden I can recommend this one:
8872256045086.jpg
(no picture of the docking station)
It takes a few minutes to warm up, but after that it's great. The trigger is smooth and precise, you can get a lot of glue out in one squeeze. Very hot, also. It is probably available under other brands too.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
What is the length of bead the cordless will lay out? Some of the FT builds require multiple long runs at once...

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
On a good cordless, the use can be measured in minutes. they have more than good enough thermal momentum to spit a full stick. if you need more than that, you're using too much glue!

Dunno about the surebonder, but the ailien's deluxe will run through the a full larger diameter stick, no problem.

edit: that's Aleen's ultimate glue gun, not the deluxe alien gun
http://www.michaels.com/Aleene%E2%80%99s-Ultimate-Glue-Gun/gc0268,default,pd.html

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
What is the length of bead the cordless will lay out? Some of the FT builds require multiple long runs at once...

You are acting like you have ONLY one glue gun. Texans are "REQUIRED" to collect MANY guns. It doesn't matter what it shoots!:p

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's true. I have at least 3 hot glue guns, 2 soldering guns, 2 or 3 nail/brad guns, a few "other" guns and a compound bow for the wife!