Best Landing Spots

Squeeeps

Everyones had one of those crashes or "landings" that are just strange so i wanna see some good ones. i have one i got today that i definitely didnt expect at all. I just happened to hit a branch jusstttt right.
perfect parking.PNG

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I don't have pics of it, but the next time I'm at the field, I'll take pics of the "landing area". I had built an FT Duster and was trying to fly it for the first time; I didn't set throws on it and had everything SUPER sensitive without realizing it.

On takeoff, it was like I was trying to fly a 3D plane - everything was absolutely wild, and I had no control. I ended up porpoising it, and it took a nosedive off the end of our runway and out of sight downhill, into the area that our club affectionately calls "The Jungle" - an overgrown preserve full of stinging nettles, poison oak, ticks, and other assorted nasty flora and fauna.

I thought, "Oh well, there's a plane, battery, receiver, etc. that I'll never see again..."

I walked down the hill to see where it was, and discovered it had landed perfectly on access road/walking trail that skirts the jungle. I STILL have no idea how I managed that, not being able to see it, or if it just bounced and landed perfectly, or what...But it was pretty stinkin' awesome to walk down and see it just sitting there. :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I don't have pics of it, but the next time I'm at the field, I'll take pics of the "landing area". I had built an FT Duster and was trying to fly it for the first time; I didn't set throws on it and had everything SUPER sensitive without realizing it.

On takeoff, it was like I was trying to fly a 3D plane - everything was absolutely wild, and I had no control. I ended up porpoising it, and it took a nosedive off the end of our runway and out of sight downhill, into the area that our club affectionately calls "The Jungle" - an overgrown preserve full of stinging nettles, poison oak, ticks, and other assorted nasty flora and fauna.

I thought, "Oh well, there's a plane, battery, receiver, etc. that I'll never see again..."

I walked down the hill to see where it was, and discovered it had landed perfectly on access road/walking trail that skirts the jungle. I STILL have no idea how I managed that, not being able to see it, or if it just bounced and landed perfectly, or what...But it was pretty stinkin' awesome to walk down and see it just sitting there. :)
That’s great!

Tench745

Master member
Wow - was it ok? Seems like the branches wild have scraped it up but broken the fall...
There was some foam missing from the right wingtip, and the elevator is a little loose, but other than that she's perfectly airworthy. I was utterly shocked. When she started into the spiral-dive towards the trees I said to myself "well, that one's dead."