Best recievers with built in stabilization? (Radiomaster TX16S / OPENTX))

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I do have a LOT of LemonRX stuff including one stabilized lemonRX I've never tried. Still have my DX8, but as someone pointed out above, you can do DSMX with OpenTX. I am going to be working on an external multiprotocol module to solve my DX8 issue once and for all. :)

LB
Whats goin on with the DX8

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Whats goin on with the DX8
It is just a extra box to lug around to fly those BNF things that my OpenTX box currently can't. Other than that, it would suit someone else well. I had to do a removable antenna mod last week after the cheap plastic antenna died since spektrum no longer makes a replacement. Range checked, flew my FT TT, and one of my race drones with it last night.

Yodabutt

It is just a extra box to lug around to fly those BNF things that my OpenTX box currently can't. Other than that, it would suit someone else well. I had to do a removable antenna mod last week after the cheap plastic antenna died since spektrum no longer makes a replacement. Range checked, flew my FT TT, and one of my race drones with it last night.

If you add a 4in1 module like from iRange to your OpenTX radio, then you can fly it with Spektrum receivers and virtually any other protocols. I use my Taranis with all of my Spektrum and FrSky planes, Quads, and Helis. I've never looked back and my TX16S arrives monday.
I can even get RSSI and battery voltage telemetry from my UMX Turbo Timber.

I'm looking at Lemon LM0052 RX's for an FT Sea Otter build.

Mattdavidez

He has a TX16S - the receiver will happily work with that radio as it's fairly protocol agnostic.
I also own a TX16S, and I am expecting this receiver "Admiral RX600SP 6-Channel DSMX Compatible Receiver with Stability Plus Gyro", however, I am not sure if it's gonna be compatible with my radio :rolleyes:

Mattdavidez

Yes it should work, TX16s has build in multi module that work with most brand of receivers.
Are you sure? because MotionRC support (where I purchased it) says: "it's only compatible with genuine spektrum radios not third party spektrum protocol radios."

speedy7385

Yes, Admiral RX600SP is made by LemonRx and rebranded. Same as the LemonRx stabilizer Plus LM0044. MotonRC updated the firmware and make it simpler to use.

Mattdavidez

Yes, Admiral RX600SP is made by LemonRx and rebranded. Same as the LemonRx stabilizer Plus LM0044. MotonRC updated the firmware and make it simpler to use.
You are right!! they are the same! I will wait to see if I could bind it with TX16S or not. If I couldn't I'll return it to MotionRc and get a bunch of Lemon Rx Stabilizer PLUS. Thanks, Speedy!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
RadioMaster is pretty much a jumper clone. Have you got your new T18 yet? I'm loving my T16 Pro. Looks nice, feels nice, gimbals are very smooth, and so powerful! I can do anything I want! Right now I've been having fun with flaps on a slider so they're infinitely variable.
I disagree with the term clone, the Radiomaster is more of an evolved version of the Jumper T16. Part of the original jumper development team broke away from Jumper and formed Radiomaster and in so doing improved the original design to eliminate a lot of the faults and design flaws of the early jumper T16 model, Jumper still haven't resolved charging the battery in the transmitter.
I have been using the Radiomaster for some time and have finally settled on FRsky receivers as my preferred choice, the X6R and X8R give you basic built in telemetry eg RSSI, but they also enable you to add additional stand alone telemetry modules via the SPORT connection. You can pick up an X8R 8ch receiver with SPORT and SBUS for around £30 (that's GBP).
The S6R and S8R don't have telemetry but do have built in 3 axis flight stabilisation, there is a specific option on the Radiomaster so you can set this particular receiver up via a simple set-up process (the S8R's sell for around £35).
I also like using Flysky receivers as a cheaper option (£10 - £12), they can be a bit on the bulky side and I don't like the antenna shielding but they are reliable and cheap. I have a few of Radiomaster's own receivers, they operate on the D8 protocol which is basically FRsky's operating system. They too are cheap (£10 - £15), but are more discrete and light weight than the Flysky receivers.
As for Spektrum receivers I still use them reluctantly, I have personally have reservations about the reliability of them these days. However, I will leave it up to you to form your own opinions. I have tried a couple of the V710 Spektrum storm 7ch receivers and for the price, they perform like genuine Spektrum DSMX receiver and the range appears good.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
1626820585464.png

Mattdavidez

I disagree with the term clone, the Radiomaster is more of an evolved version of the Jumper T16. Part of the original jumper development team broke away from Jumper and formed Radiomaster and in so doing improved the original design to eliminate a lot of the faults and design flaws of the early jumper T16 model, Jumper still haven't resolved charging the battery in the transmitter.
I have been using the Radiomaster for some time and have finally settled on FRsky receivers as my preferred choice, the X6R and X8R give you basic built in telemetry eg RSSI, but they also enable you to add additional stand alone telemetry modules via the SPORT connection. You can pick up an X8R 8ch receiver with SPORT and SBUS for around £30 (that's GBP).
The S6R and S8R don't have telemetry but do have built in 3 axis flight stabilisation, there is a specific option on the Radiomaster so you can set this particular receiver up via a simple set-up process (the S8R's sell for around £35).
I also like using Flysky receivers as a cheaper option (£10 - £12), they can be a bit on the bulky side and I don't like the antenna shielding but they are reliable and cheap. I have a few of Radiomaster's own receivers, they operate on the D8 protocol which is basically FRsky's operating system. They too are cheap (£10 - £15), but are more discrete and light weight than the Flysky receivers.
As for Spektrum receivers I still use them reluctantly, I have personally have reservations about the reliability of them these days. However, I will leave it up to you to form your own opinions. I have tried a couple of the V710 Spektrum storm 7ch receivers and for the price, they perform like genuine Spektrum DSMX receiver and the range appears good.

Have you also tried Frsky SR6? It provides 6/24CH ACCESS S.Port/F.Port PWM SBUS Output Full Range Telemetry & Stabilization.

Bricks

Master member
You are right!! they are the same! I will wait to see if I could bind it with TX16S or not. If I couldn't I'll return it to MotionRc and get a bunch of Lemon Rx Stabilizer PLUS. Thanks, Speedy!

If you haven`t updated to the latest version of OTX then update the 4 in 1 internal multi protocol module it makes binding to DSMX receivers easier. I am a Spektrum guy and am fooling around with my Radiomaster TX16s. Since I own a Spektrum DX9 I am comparing functionality between the two not just the claims that some people make. Now one has to understand my DX9 is older as there are two newer Versions out from Spektrum.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

One of the guys in my club bought one and dropped it into a 4S jet that he has, and it's been squirrelly. Not sure if he's got it set up incorrectly, or if it's got manufacturing defects, but every time he throws flaps on with stabilization on, it pitches up and then noses down fairly hard, like it's overcorrecting. I doubt it's him, because he flew the jet without a problem before the stabilization...

I personally am a firm believer in LemonRX; I've had them be really solid for my Nano Goblin and some Bushwackers I've built. That said, I am not so sure about the Admiral rebranded/reprogrammed version. Hardware might be the same, but I'm leery of the reprogramming based on the experiences I've seen with the person who's flying it out at our field.

Mattdavidez

One of the guys in my club bought one and dropped it into a 4S jet that he has, and it's been squirrelly. Not sure if he's got it set up incorrectly, or if it's got manufacturing defects, but every time he throws flaps on with stabilization on, it pitches up and then noses down fairly hard, like it's overcorrecting. I doubt it's him, because he flew the jet without a problem before the stabilization...

I personally am a firm believer in LemonRX; I've had them be really solid for my Nano Goblin and some Bushwackers I've built. That said, I am not so sure about the Admiral rebranded/reprogrammed version. Hardware might be the same, but I'm leery of the reprogramming based on the experiences I've seen with the person who's flying it out at our field.
Good to know! I have difficulties finding Lemon RX here in Sweden though, they seem to be out of stock all over the EU. However, I found Frsky SxR available online. Frsky also stopped the production line of SxR and X generations I believe. Since they started with Archer gen which is not compatible with TX16S radios.

Would you recommend Frsky S8R? I want to mount it on a Goblin Racer plane.

speedy7385

Probably can turn down the elevator gain a little to counter that. Or mix in some down elevator when the flaps are deploy to keep the plane from nosing up.

sprzout

Mentor
Good to know! I have difficulties finding Lemon RX here in Sweden though, they seem to be out of stock all over the EU. However, I found Frsky SxR available online. Frsky also stopped the production line of SxR and X generations I believe. Since they started with Archer gen which is not compatible with TX16S radios.

Would you recommend Frsky S8R? I want to mount it on a Goblin Racer plane.

The lack of stock has been pretty common due to COVID shipping - their manufacturing plant was in Shenzen, in China, I believe. Pretty much EVERYTHING was slow coming out of there due to possible transmission of the virus, and there have only been a trickle of them coming in to the US as of late. They're getting here, so you might have them starting to pop up in the EU soon.

You can try the S8R, but I dunno the reliability of them. I don't personally know anyone who flies with FrSky.

sprzout

Mentor
Probably can turn down the elevator gain a little to counter that. Or mix in some down elevator when the flaps are deploy to keep the plane from nosing up.

Well, if he flies with the stabilization disabled and lowers the flaps, he's smooth. Enable the stabilization, and that starts the porpoising, hence why I think it's either programming or an issue with the board. I personally don't want to screw with it; I'm more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of person. :)