Best Servos?

KubKade

I got a “value” pack of fake Tower Pro MG90S servos and they tend to stick which I’m not comfortable with. Is there a reliable brand of servos for a decent price?

Attachments

• 46AE9D68-8B27-4783-85F3-2285A1CB7DA4.jpeg
    46AE9D68-8B27-4783-85F3-2285A1CB7DA4.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

OliverW

Legendary member

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I got a “value” pack of fake Tower Pro MG90S servos and they tend to stick which I’m not comfortable with. Is there a reliable brand of servos for a decent price?

Emax. They've been rock solid for me, and within a decent price range, so they're not running me an arm and a leg. Most of the Amazon servos I've bought have had issues with centering, breaking teeth on a gear, browning out due to poor, cheap construction...I find the Emax line to be a fair balance and quality.

Aviador

Emax. They've been rock solid for me, and within a decent price range, so they're not running me an arm and a leg. Most of the Amazon servos I've bought have had issues with centering, breaking teeth on a gear, browning out due to poor, cheap construction...I find the Emax line to be a fair balance and quality.
Where do you get yours from?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Like they don’t respond for a bit then they do again.
Ive have a lot of cheap servos from BG and AE and ive run into this with a few batches, but not consistently enough to stop purchasing them. When i get one or two that do it i throw the whole batch in the scrap bin for spare parts, bomb drop or maybe flap servos, but i dont use them for flight control any longer.

When i have something i care about a bit more i use emax. Good bang for the buck, never had a problem.

+1 for Savox for high end stuff too.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
The only cheap servos I've found to work consistently are the "Miuzei" brand ones from Amazon.

The only problem I've found with that as of late is that the knockoff manufacturers are labeling theirs with the same brand names and reselling them on Amazon, so you don't know if you're getting the same quality or not. I'm getting leery of buying servos off of Amazon because of it, because half of the ones I've gotten have been bad and I can't find actual Emax servos anymore on Amazon, just knockoffs.