Best way to go about displaying Amp draw and Battery voltage on a flying wing setup ?

sumone

Gday all
I have box googles a foxxer monster cam and vtx And and have it all setup in a flying wing but want to display Amp draw and Battery voltage on the screen .
I don't need stabiliser.
What would you suggest to get the results I'm after on a tight budget ?

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
This video will get the voltage I can’t remember if it will give amps. The series will eventually add GPS, to point the way home & how far

Fyathyrio

A quad style flight controller with onboard OSD and ammeter can be set up for less than $50. Using iNav firmware, you can easily set up the OSD and program the different flight modes and stabilization to be off. Easier still would be to just connect the servos directly to the receiver and bypass the flight controller completely aside from the OSD function.

sumone

I went with merv's suggestion and have all the components metioned in the video minim osd,gps,programmer .(Very Cheap)
i downloaded the arduino ide and edit the MW_OSD.ino file ,save it ,verify it just like in the video but when i plug the usb in from the programmer that is connected to the micro minim osd i get device did not install correctly and when i install the drivers in the driver file that comes with arduino isd i plug in again select the new com port try to upload to the minim and get this ...........

Sketch uses 19372 bytes (63%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 1850 bytes (90%) of dynamic memory, leaving 198 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x86
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

*NOTE Programmer has red light , Minim osd has Blue light with flashing green (Blinks bright green a few times when i plug the usb in and Bright a few times when i try to flash.

Anyone in the know have any thoughts on what i might be doing wrong ?

sumone

fixed it , might have been sloppy soldering . I wicked and solder sucked it to tidy it up and its worked took 3 evenings of me pulling my hair out but it worked:confused::confused:
Now to try and setup the GPS.