Beta: Hawker Typhoon design

GrizWiz

Elite member
Just started working on a new WarBird design the Hawker Typhoon!!! I tried to use a few different techniques including: using no poster board, molded fuselage,
NerdNic speed wing, and formers.

Some history on the Typhoon:

The Hawker Typhoon (Tiffy in RAF slang) is a British single-seat fighter bomber, produced by Hawker Aircraft. It was intended to be a medium–high altitude interceptor, as a replacement for the hawker hurricane but several design problems were encountered and it never completely satisfied this requirement.
The Typhoon was originally designed to mount twelve .303 inch (7.7 mm) Browning machine guns and be powered by the latest 2,000 hp engines. Its service introduction in mid-1941 was plagued with problems and for several months the aircraft faced a doubtful future. When the Luftwaffe brought the formidable Focke-Wulf Fw 190 into service in 1941, the Typhoon was the only RAF fighter capable of catching it at low altitudes; as a result it secured a new role as a low-altitude interceptor. The Typhoon became established in roles such as night-time intruder and long-range fighter. From late 1942 the Typhoon was equipped with bombs and from late 1943 RP-3 rockets were added to its armory. With those weapons and its four 20mm Hispano auto-cannons, the Typhoon became one of the Second World War's most successful ground attack aircraft.

Some Info on the plans:

v1
The air scoop needs to be remodeled
v2
labels added
coloring added
front former remodeled

Attachments

• Beta_hawker_typoon_v1.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Beta_Hawker_Typhoon_v2.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
Due to lack of a interest I have decided to put this project on hold ☹️☹️☹️😒

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Due to lack of a interest I have decided to put this project on hold ☹️☹️☹️😒

Its not there is a lack of interest. Most people wait to see what the original designer does with it and how well it flys before jumping in with enthusiasm or with help working out issues so they can build a proven airframe. Im sure there are at least a handful of people you would disappoint if you let this fade out with out something to show from your build experience of your own design.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Thanks man
You gave the me the confedence to start the project again.
I will need to start reworking the design to hopefully make it be able to go together

I have the same problem with a spitfire I designed but I was able to redesign it and fly it, even if it did not look as scale.

😉😁🙂🙏

GrizWiz

Elite member
Its not there is a lack of interest. Most people wait to see what the original designer does with it and how well it flys before jumping in with enthusiasm or with help working out issues so they can build a proven airframe. Im sure there are at least a handful of people you would disappoint if you let this fade out with out something to show from your build experience of your own design.
I was going to start and the next design that I put a pole out to see what you all wanted but I will working finishing this design!?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Perseverance mate. Keep chuggin away at what you like doing. Dont worry over public opinion. That will all come when you show up with the prize at the door to show off when you complete it. The whole part of the hobby is making yourself happy. If others are along for the ride it makes it even better but you gotta do you first.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Unfortunately during these hard time it is very hard to get out and fly:(

I will be unable to test any of my designs in these next few months because me and my family are trying to move to Colorado

I will still be posting more designs for community members to test and build. I will be able to build and find problems with plans and other problems with the assembly

So Sorry :(

GrizWiz

Elite member
For this design I am going to scratch the original plans and start by modifying a existing flite test design.

Thanks @PsyBorg for all of the perseverance you have given me!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
We are all in a similar boat mate. I dont think any of us are getting the flight time we really want for a while now. Better safe n healthy then able to play with our toys in bad circumstances.