Betaflight f4 osd need help

Kflight17

So I’m trying to get my osd to function but I’m getting a black screen I put the vtx to the video in then the video out to the camera am I wiring it in backwards or am I doing something wrong ? My camera also seems to only work with direct pack voltage so the only thing going in and out is video signal, to the vtx it doesn’t seem to run off of 5 volts or the bec....

FDS

Elite member
You need to find out what the operating voltage of the camera and the VTX is. Also if you powered up without an antenna on the VTX it may be dead. Many newer cameras and VTX’s are designed to run off battery voltage, there’s a smoothed VBAT pad on some FC’s by the video pads to do that.
I just noticed, camera goes to Video IN, VTX goes to Video OUT, you might have that backwards. Camera sends the video signal, then it’s passed through the FC and transmitted via the VTX.
Is this a new build or a fix on an existing? What exact FC are you using?

Kflight17

You need to find out what the operating voltage of the camera and the VTX is. Also if you powered up without an antenna on the VTX it may be dead.
Is this a new build or a fix on an existing? What exact FC are you using?
It says 5v on the camera but I’m using the betaflight f4 fc, Its on an existing build I just would like to utilize the osd this board comes with so I can monitor my battery voltage

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The Betaflight F4 does indeed have an OSD. I think you have the camera and VTx hooked up backwards. The camera signal goes to video in, and the VTx signal goes to video out.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
@Kflight17 The camera must run off the 5v pad then, don’t connect it to Vbatt or the main power. Main power will give you horrible video feed anyway. Always use the smoothed output pads on the FC where possible for any video power.
The OSD measures the battery voltage inside the FC circuit, it’s set up by the FC and doesn’t need the camera or VTX to be connected to Vbatt unless they want more than 5v to operate.