Help! Betaflight Noob whoop binding to Spektrum Rx

Hi everyone,

I've been left kinda high and dry by the store I bought a whoop from after a couple of visits with "the internet should be able to help you" instructions to get this thing to talk. I'm really new at this so I'm hoping the best people I know on the internet - Flite Test forums - can help hold my hand and get me in the air at some point.

So - I recently got a BetaFPV 75x 2S whoop style quad and have a Spektrum DX6e receiver. I downloaded Betaflight and (I think) all the accompanying drivers. So far I think I've hooked up but I don't know how to tell if that's actually fact. I am getting a serial port successfully opened and closed messages when I hit 'connect' after some playing around with com port settings. The whoop has a solid green light and a flashing blue light at about once/second.

The BetaFPV site doesn't have much as far as a manual goes and their customer service hasn't replied to my message yet (It's been a week, guessing it won't happen).

Aaaaaand that's as far as I've gotten. Any advice? Any more details needed from my end? I was assured it could happen, but my hope of the assurance is a bit shaky to say the least.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
ALWAYS remove props when connecting to the computer for safety. Specially when powering it from a flight pack to check motors.

In beta flight when the quad and receiver are connected and powered there are two things that indicate whats happening. With just a usb connected you should be able to pick up the quad and move it around by hand and the tiny quad in beta flight should move the same way you are moving it.

If that particular board also powers the receiver (which I believe it does) you should be able to go to the receiver tab and watch the response of your sticks with the bars as you move them. this is also how you know to reverse channels if things are they are not copying stick movements.

Last if you are in the receiver tab and you move say the throttle and the roll channel responds this is because of mis matched channel mapping and is easily remedied in configuration tab OR in the radio.

Slowly but surely - got some help from the Betaflight facebook page and I'm bound and can see the signals from the receiver coming in on the screen. But still getting an arming disabled message. Any tips?

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
You have to set the throttle minimums and maximums. Taranis goes from 1000 to 2000 but my spektrum dx6 only goes from a little over 1100 to a little over 1800

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You have to set the throttle minimums and maximums. Taranis goes from 1000 to 2000 but my spektrum dx6 only goes from a little over 1100 to a little over 1800

yes spectrum is known for this issue. Set your end points to 147% that way you can get the 1000 - 2000 and have full resolution so your quad wont be as spastic.