Help! Betaflight not connecting to board

daxma

This has been an issue for a while. When i bought my new HGLRC FC board and got it installed it connected to Betaflight just fine then somehow it will not connect or even show that i have anything connected via USB. Is the board fried or am I missing something?

FDS

Elite member
Which model is it? The newest version of Betaflight does not support Naze32 or F3 boards.
Also is your USB lead a DATA not a Charge only lead? If you have a charge only lead then it won’t connect but will get power.
Which computer are you using? On PC the drivers might be your problem.
Does the board work the quad OK?

cnc_dave

hum, had exact same issue recently with my kakute fc. seemed to be issue with the drivers not loading on windows 7 laptop. i doubt its your board.
even after reinstalling the drivers i still have issues from time to time, but usually works fine after a restart.
thats where i would start looking though.

dave

Reactions: FDS

daxma

Which model is it? The newest version of Betaflight does not support Naze32 or F3 boards.
Also is your USB lead a DATA not a Charge only lead? If you have a charge only lead then it won’t connect but will get power.

Micro F4.V2 Flight Control Board ( D-Shot Version)
MPU: MPU6000-SPI
CPU: STM32F405RGT6, dual 8K.
Black Box: Flash 16M
Input Voltage: 2-4S Lipo
Built-in Betaflight OSD to adjust PID
BEC Output: 5V@3A
Size: 25x25mm board, 20mm mounting holes (M2)
Weight:2.3g
Support SBUS/PPM/DSMX receiver

daxma

hum, had exact same issue recently with my kakute fc. seemed to be issue with the drivers not loading on windows 7 laptop. i doubt its your board.
even after reinstalling the drivers i still have issues from time to time, but usually works fine after a restart.
thats where i would start looking though.

dave

Ive dl the Impulse driver search and the STM manual driver file.

cnc_dave

i never really nailed down the problem. i ended up completely removing the drivers and reinstalling them from scratch (just the drivers) . still didn't work at first.
i grabbed another older quad, plugged it in and it worked, so then tried the other one i was having issues with and now it worked?????:eek:
its only failed to connect once since then. restarted the pc and it was working again.

when it wasn't working it wasn't showing up at all, that anything was connected, in device manager on the pc.
i feel your pain man.
if you've had your fc connected before and all worked correctly and hasn't been damaged, still lights up when you plug it in.
it's something with windows and the drivers. impulse rc driver fixer did nothing for me. it showed everything was correct as matter of fact.

dave

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Last time I had issues (on newer controllers) I ended up uninstalling all the old drivers from my naze days, shutting off my computer to make sure win7 didnt think it knew better then me and reload them. Restarted, plugged in an fc ran the driverfixer tool and have had zero problems since for losing drivers or having to reload a different one when I plugged a kiss fc in. They all work fine.

Reactions: FDS

daxma

Last time I had issues (on newer controllers) I ended up uninstalling all the old drivers from my naze days, shutting off my computer to make sure win7 didnt think it knew better then me and reload them. Restarted, plugged in an fc ran the driverfixer tool and have had zero problems since for losing drivers or having to reload a different one when I plugged a kiss fc in. They all work fine.

how do i do that? sorry now very tech savvy.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
For windows its control panel > programs and features > look in the list and click uninstall any drivers you may have installed like zadig, virtual com port drivers, stm drivers. Then do a full shut down.

Restart, plug in an fc, and run frixer fixer tool

daxma

For windows its control panel > programs and features > look in the list and click uninstall any drivers you may have installed like zadig, virtual com port drivers, stm drivers. Then do a full shut down.

Restart, plug in an fc, and run frixer fixer tool

will i need to reinstall BF as well?

silvrrubi592

No F3 boards in Beatflight 4? I thought this was the last one to have them? So, I downloaded 4 already, and I tried to update my F3 Femto board ....and no connection after update. Not sure it still arms, but assuming it won't. Do I need to try Cleanflight now? Does anything still support F3?? I was just getting comfortable with the Gremlin...🤬🤬🤬😡😡

silvrrubi592

Update: I uninstalled Betaflight, and the drivers, reinstalled, tried new cable, new port, restarted the computer and my "old" F3 board, still no joy. I don't see anything about 4 not supporting F3.

FDS

Elite member
There’s a bug in 4.01 BF that might be your problem,
FF734AC6-6459-4E81-ADF5-52A2B87EFFBA.png
Also 4.0 is the last one to support F3 boards, so it’s supposed to still be there, but not for long. I got that wrong, I only saw the headline about support stopping, not the release number it would stop at, sorry.
8F06C5EE-34F7-4FCE-94F9-0030B37063E9.png

silvrrubi592

I think I downloaded something after 4.01, but I can't tell.
Lets go in a different direction, The problem sounds like a Windows 10 EFF up...… Betafight should run without all the extra drivers if I put it on a MAC, right? I have a 10 year old Macbook Pro I never use because the battery is trashed.....this could be the simple workaround, right?