Better Tail Wheel for Carbon Cub S+

John_K

I've had my Carbon Cub S+ for a couple of years, but due to other commitments, I am still in the training mode. I've spent a ton on time on the RealFlight Simulator (currently on 9.5s). The first thing I did was to remove/replace the transmitter, and disconnect the GPS. Plane works/flies great now. My biggest challenge is the flimsy tail wheel. It's quite an art to get the plane to track straight on the ground. Has anyone found a more substantial tail wheel that could be installed on the Carbon Cub S+ or S2? Thanks much.

dap35

Elite member
Is the problem tracking when you are taking off or just taxiing? I find that when I am taxiing I need some up elevator to help increase the rudder authority.

Piotrsko

Master member
I usually remove the wheel and just let it drag for a foot or two until the tail comes up. Might have to tweek the wire a bit to not get hung up

John_K

Is the problem tracking when you are taking off or just taxiing? I find that when I am taxiing I need some up elevator to help increase the rudder authority.
I experience it not tracking straight both when taxiing and taking off. I can twist the wire holding the wheel and thru trial and error, I can get it to track relatively straight. It seems that the tail wheel assembly is not very substantial.

checkerboardflyer

Attachments

• ziptie-tailwheel-7.jpeg
    ziptie-tailwheel-7.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 0