BF 109 F

Fallegon

So I've been working on this for a bit now. I might try and create a series of planes based on the C pack. My hope is to have more challenging builds that allow for greater detail and scale. This is a prototype of the BF 109 F. I will post plans along with a build video for it and if people enjoy it I will keep going. I enjoy engineering and I hope that some people can benefit off this work.

BF 109 F (1).png BF 109 F (2).png

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
Subscribed! Can't wait to seeing your progress on this build. I think it would be great to see a series of planes with more detail! (especially warbirds Lov'em!) I enjoy building but i'm not that good at designing and making my own plans.

Fallegon

Ok, so the fuselage is pretty much done, except for the skin, which I'm waiting on the wing to be finished.
BF 109 F (4).png

and I dont want to finish the wing until I have descent retracts. The proto-type held together fairly well I'm going to make some tweaks, but I wanna know if anyone here has made homemade retracts and how you did it.
BF 109 F (3).png
(Note: Wheel will be done much better next time and will be lined with a leather strip for better friction. Wiring was kinda sloppy and next built will have 1 long wire going the length both ways instead of a make shift one out of a gift card (unless I find higher tensile wire that can take the load). Control will be JB welded to the back of the strut and the hing will be something other than just a hole in the strut.)

Fallegon

bf 109 (5).jpg

Well, here is a updated photo of where I'm at in the build. After fiddling around with different landing gear setups I think I've landed on this one.( the puns are real!! ). Anyway, I'll skin it, and build the canopy soon and hopefully within the month test fly it!

joker24458

Brings me back to my 109 build haha. I personally prefer the E version over the F...but hey that's just me. :D looks like a nice build you have there, keep us posted.

Might have missed it but what's the wingspan?

Fallegon

This is a 10 to 1 scale model. Wing span is 39 inches. Its not exactly to scale. I did take some liberties as I was going along. The reason why I built the F version is so I can convert it to an E version. By clipping off the wing tips and adding supports to the vertical stabilizer you're pretty much making the E-3. Granite, along with the classic yellow nose it will look really good. The body will be wrapped with poster board. It is really flimsy as of right now, but I have a model before this that I had already wrapped and it makes it so much stronger. I can grab the nose and swing it around without any problems.

So the prop is a 10" from the C- pack. When I finish the build and know that it flies I will paint it and buy a new 3 bladed prop off of master airscrew to complete the look.

Still need to test the landing gear but I'm confident that it will work. I just don't know for how long :p. My landing gear system will be a work in progress while I work on more airplanes.

(Now that I look at the picture it might have been warped or just the angle of the picture, but the wing is scale to fuselage. Off the top of my head I think its 32 inches.)

Fallegon

It is swapable.. to an extent.. It will be swapable ( C pack ) in the models that I will hopefully put out in the future. Its also extremely tail heavy and I'm already starting on the version 2 :( ..

Fallegon

Here is the update.. Plans are finalized.. finishing the stl files.. and doing the finishing touches. The final project will be posted in another thread just to clean things up so if your interested in this build be on the lookout.
20180930_021028.jpg
20180930_021012.jpg