Solved Bigger binding problems

OlliePackman

In my last thread I discussed how I tried to bind my Apprentice S 15e to my spektrum Dx6i transmitter however it did not work so I tried to rebind to the DXe but that didn't work either because now the reviever wouldn't go into bind mode. Regardless, I carried on flying all my other models with the Dx6i transmitter same as usual no problems. I then tried to bind the Dx6i to an orange rx reciever for the new simple soarer I just built. It seemed to work and the light on the reviver indicated that the bind worked but control inputs had no effect on the Servos. I switched off and on, re binded etc, nothing would. Out of curiosity, I tried to hook up another receiver that I'd been flying with a couple days before but that didn't work either for some strange reason so I tried another and that didn't work either. That is now 4 recivers and 2 transmitters that won't work and now I am really baffled as to what's going on.

FDS

Elite member
Have you contacted Spektrum Customer Service, it’s possible your DXe is faulty. Why are you switching over if the other TX works fine?
I would return it to your vendor anyway, there’s no point in having the most important part of your set up fail or be remotely unreliable.

OlliePackman

Have you contacted Spektrum Customer Service, it’s possible your DXe is faulty. Why are you switching over if the other TX works fine?
I would return it to your vendor anyway, there’s no point in having the most important part of your set up fail or be remotely unreliable.
I wanted to use the Dx6i instead of the DXe so I didn't have to carry 2 transmitters with me if I want to fly more than 1 plane.

OlliePackman

DX6i has one plane memory? I though it held more than that. Horizon hobby says 10 model memory.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPMR6610
I am not a fan of the DXe, it’s not good value with no screen and I see lots of posts about it being a problem. For the same price the Orange TX6I does 20 plane memory, mixing, plus has a decent screen and actually works.
No basically at the minute I had my Apprentice S 15e hooked up to the dxe because it was a bind and fly, the DXe came with it. I got my second plane and obviously needed a transmitter that would be able to link to more than one plane so I got the Dx6i which holds 10. However, I was carrying both the DXe and the Dx6i around which was impractical so I tried to bind all of my planes to the Dx6i but the problems started when I tried to bind the Dx6i to the Apprentice.

OlliePackman

Fixed! I just broke everything down so that every component was unplugged from everything in every plane and then rebounded.

Reactions: FDS

Bricks

Master member
I have some odd ball receivers and never remember which way the wires go. That is what I always hated about older Futaba servos and receivers there positive was at the bottom instead of the center so if you plugged them in wrong you could smoke the whole works.