Bigger P47

Gualtierico

Hi guys
after a Baby Blender and a sportster I'm doing the P47 master series, but 120% (120 because it's the bigger scale that fit the brown foam, hehe )

That's a huge wing, I didn't expect that big!!

The plan is to cover her with vinyl with the classic the D-day striped livery.

I also plan to make the landing gear, so I cut the holes in the wing for that

see some pictures in the Lab, keep you updated

Attachments

• 57412AE5-33E0-49BB-AD83-2D0B9CD7E0C1.JPG
    57412AE5-33E0-49BB-AD83-2D0B9CD7E0C1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • EB703DAA-C351-4C8B-80CC-DF10D7B1849D.JPG
    EB703DAA-C351-4C8B-80CC-DF10D7B1849D.JPG
    911.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Gualtierico

thanks guys, and thanks for asking ;)

I have in house this BL from hobbyking: propdrive V23536 1400Kv

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdri...859&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

what do you think? the wingspan is actually 145 mm (57' if I'm right), no clue about the weight yet, but not that bigger than the standard one I guess.
would it fit properly? which prop do you suggest? I'm not an expert about BL motors.

again, I was thinking about removable wing, it's not an easy transport in my car all together!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
thanks guys, and thanks for asking ;)

I have in house this BL from hobbyking: propdrive V23536 1400Kv

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/propdri...859&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

what do you think? the wingspan is actually 145 mm (57' if I'm right), no clue about the weight yet, but not that bigger than the standard one I guess.
would it fit properly? which prop do you suggest? I'm not an expert about BL motors.

again, I was thinking about removable wing, it's not an easy transport in my car all together!
I would recommend getting a bigger motor. With that motor you’d be pushing it to use a 10 inch prop, and my guess is that the cowling in the motor will be 8-9 inches. That won’t be enough prop to fly the plane I don’t think. I would look into something like this motor (linked below) and you’d have to check on the prop size recommended, but I’m guessing that it will swing a 13-14 inch prop.

https://emax-usa.com/emx-mt-1531-gt3526-710kv.html

Gualtierico

thanks for the suggest, I will put that one on the test bench to see which prop I can fit.
I'm afraid as well that I couldn't use a big one with this motor.
the cowling is huge: 5' 1/2 wide and 7' 1/2 in height. (14x19cm)

I will do some test before maiden.

thanks

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
thanks for the suggest, I will put that one on the test bench to see which prop I can fit.
I'm afraid as well that I couldn't use a big one with this motor.
the cowling is huge: 5' 1/2 wide and 7' 1/2 in height. (14x19cm)

I will do some test before maiden.

thanks
Wow, that is big. Judging that they are using a 9 inch on 4s or 10 inch on 3s with the 100% P-47, I’m thinking that you will need to get a larger motor that can handle a bigger prop and put out more power. But see what you can get from the bench test first.

The Fopster

Master member
Wow, that is big. Judging that they are using a 9 inch on 4s or 10 inch on 3s with the 100% P-47, I’m thinking that you will need to get a larger motor that can handle a bigger prop and put out more power. But see what you can get from the bench test first.

I got a 10" prop for my 100% P47 as I was worried about that fat cowl (which is if course what makes it look so cool in the air!) blocking the prop. In fact I needn't have worried - it's light for its' size and a 9" on 3s flies it pretty well (although I fly it pretty scale so not banging the sticks wildly).

Anyway, good luck - it's off to a great start!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I got a 10" prop for my 100% P47 as I was worried about that fat cowl (which is if course what makes it look so cool in the air!) blocking the prop. In fact I needn't have worried - it's light for its' size and a 9" on 3s flies it pretty well (although I fly it pretty scale so not banging the sticks wildly).

Anyway, good luck - it's off to a great start!
That’s good to know that it flies off a 9 inch and 3s. I’ll probably go 3s with a 10x5 on mine.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
@Gualtierico most of the thrust from a prop is generated nearer the tips. so you may not need as much prop sticking out as you think. @BATTLEAXE and a few others here use for their bigger planes is a 3536 1200kv. the extra kv of your motor might be a bit much for some bigger props but depending on the max current of the motor you may be fine. you may even find that a 2s battery with that motor and larger prop will work well too. leopard has a 3536 1520 kv motor that tested on 2s at 40a using an 11x4.7 prop pulled 1800g thrust. so. you might be ok with your motor. but certainly, if you need an excuse to buy more motors forget i said anything :)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0076/7098/8859/files/3536_new_chart.pdf?159

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@Gualtierico most of the thrust from a prop is generated nearer the tips. so you may not need as much prop sticking out as you think. @BATTLEAXE and a few others here use for their bigger planes is a 3536 1200kv. the extra kv of your motor might be a bit much for some bigger props but depending on the max current of the motor you may be fine. you may even find that a 2s battery with that motor and larger prop will work well too. leopard has a 3536 1520 kv motor that tested on 2s at 40a using an 11x4.7 prop pulled 1800g thrust. so. you might be ok with your motor. but certainly, if you need an excuse to buy more motors forget i said anything :)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0076/7098/8859/files/3536_new_chart.pdf?159
I use it for all my planes... but don't tell anybody that :giggle:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah, actually the rimfire would be a really good choice, since usually upscaled planes don’t weigh much more than the full sized ones. The rimfire .15 with a 11 or 12 inch prop would pull that thing around just fine I’m thinking.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yeah, actually the rimfire would be a really good choice, since usually upscaled planes don’t weigh much more than the full sized ones. The rimfire .15 with a 11 or 12 inch prop would pull that thing around just fine I’m thinking.

That's what I am going to use on the Spit, might be the big fat 12x6 for the maiden

Gualtierico

that stuff is big..

p.s.
the shiny looking of the wings is a finishing to allow painting and better sticking of vinyl.
I believe it's something oily like the Minwax you have in USA, it calls Owatrol; I understood it's something used on the rusted iron to preserve the brown look, quite used recently in architecture.
also used on wood and raw bricks floor.
https://www.amazon.it/Owatrol-Rusto...t=&hvlocphy=1008869&hvtargid=pla-835594205460
I did some test and after drying it works

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
that stuff is big..

p.s.
the shiny looking of the wings is a finishing to allow painting and better sticking of vinyl.
I believe it's something oily like the Minwax you have in USA, it calls Owatrol; I understood it's something used on the rusted iron to preserve the brown look, quite used recently in architecture.
https://www.amazon.it/Owatrol-Rusto...t=&hvlocphy=1008869&hvtargid=pla-835594205460
That looks great - and big! :D(y)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
that stuff is big..

p.s.
That thing is huge. Nice work