Bills Law strikes again! Life of a Psyborg documented.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@Flightspeed
Seriously... Take this crap elsewhere in your OWN threads. If need be I will ask Fred to delete posts if this continues with irrelevant babble.

Liam B

Goodness. As a college student, I can definitely confirm Covid and omicron is real and highly-transmissible. I think PsyBorg’s case proves that pretty well. We’ve had a massive spike in cases, even with vaccinations and boosters, when students returned back to campus from break after socializing with many different groups.

Here’s a few unarguable facts: Masks work, vaccines work, distancing works.

Here’s my cool little Covid story. I hadn’t cut my hair after my ex-girlfriend said I’d look bad with long hair. Grew it out since February 2021. I ended up getting it cut in December when I got home from college. Took up too much time and I got over my immature look on the situation. It took a whole 45 minutes to cut off all the crap I had grown over 9 months. I went home to my two older and more Covid-vulnerable parents, and went to bed. I woke up the next morning to learn that my hairdresser had tested positive for Covid. We both were wearing masks through the whole appointment. I tested negative 5 days in a row and never contracted the virus. Neither did my parents. If we hadn’t worn masks, I’m sure I would’ve contracted it and put my family in danger.

It’s “just a cold” until somebody you care about dies and you never get to see them again or hold their hand as they pass.

tamuct01

Here’s a few unarguable facts: Masks work, vaccines work, distancing works.

In the case of Omicron, only properly-fitted K95 or KN95 masks do diddly squat, and proper PPE procedures must be followed, which no common person does. The stats on vaccines and boosters seem to indicate that they do reduce death and hospitalization, but it's quite clear that they don't stop transmission which was promised to use back in May of 2021. Distancing doesn't do squat either unless you seal yourself off from the rest of the world until the end of time. Even the teams in Antarctica got it despite extreme protocols and being about as distanced from anything as humanly possible.

Here's what folks are finally being forced to realize: we're all getting this. Get the vaccines to reduce chances of hospitalization or death, if you want. Or don't. I don't care. You will get sick, but odds are this won't kill you. Remember when people used to get sick, got better, and then went about their business? Finally, ignore anyone in a position of power who tells you they have all the answers.

Piotrsko

Master member
I’m sick rn from a moron who came to a social deal sick. And I sat right beside him. The next day I woke up feeling sick. I ain’t about to wear a mask when I’m not sick but I sure going in public at all when I’m sick.
Last I heard there is a 3 day period between infection and showing symptoms. Betcha you didn't get it from THAT event.....

My other comment: Don't wear a mask, dont get vaccinated, don't isolate, but then don't come whining to medical to fix it when you get seriously sick*

* generally approved by line grade medical staff I 've talked to.

M

MCNC

Finally, ignore anyone in a position of power who tells you they have all the answers.

What about the folks not in a position of power nor qualified to understand complex biological processes that seem to think they have the answers? Mostly unqualified blow hards in my experience.

basslord1124

Master member
Whoa, I am just now seeing you have a diary type thread too @PsyBorg .

And I see recent posts are talking about the politics of the mask. In this current state things, I think folks would make a potato into a political debate and go to their graves about it. :rolleyes:

I have somehow scooted past this virus. I wear a mask when I can. I have been vaccinated...haven't got the booster yet. I am literally around the virus almost daily. I have been in a car, next to someone in the passenger seat who had previously had the virus...no mask at that time. I figure myself, as well as anyone else, will eventually catch it. It's a part of our daily lives, just like how the flu is. It can happen to anyone. And I have known older folks who have died from the virus.

Liam B

I’ve had Covid, wouldn’t call it a sickness lol

No, it's definitely a sickness lol. I mean, it really depends on what variant you get and how your immune system works. I have a relatively weak immune system (People seem to be surprised when I tell them that, as if I shouldn't because I'm 6'4") and it hasn't been deadly to me (vaccinated, not boosted) but it also hasn't been easy. Started Saturday morning with aches and a sore throat that continued through Sunday into Sunday night, when I had a 103 degree fever for a few hours (put on Pink Floyd and zoned out with some Gatorade. Highly recommend), and now I'm in my school's isolation hotel with a huge cough, swollen gums and tongue and a stuffy nose.

As I said, not terrible luckily, but definitely a sickness lol.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I’ve had Covid, wouldn’t call it a sickness lol. Lost my taste for a day and a half and that’s absolutely it, as long as where carefull about being around people who it could hurt it’s fine, sometime life has to go back to normal. And for masks they work fine if they get a airtight seal, but they don’t lol, there’s a gaping hole on each side of your nose so not exactly effective and as for the six feet that seems like that would be for 1 person standing in a room with perfectly still air, throw a box fan in the mix and you have the virus getting blasted all over place, no way it just, stops, at 6 feet. I’m perfectly fine with people getting the vaccine, although it doesn’t stop you getting or transmissing it it definitely makes it less lethal. So elders should def get it.
Another halarious thing is that the virus seems to be a lot scarier in California and some other places, Danny Duncan was there recently and said that the people seemed genuinely scared of going around other people, while here in fl you wouldn’t know there was a virus at all. Absolutely nobody around here wears a mask, and throughout this intire thing not a single person I know has died, 1 person did get fairly sick and went to the hospital but other that nobody got it worse than the flu.
Geez I'm tired of this topic just reading through it...
For me I will stay unvaccinated, and I'm not going to try to convince other people they shouldn't. It's their own choice and it should be respected.
Masks definitely work but I have opted to not wear them for the most part... might be why I have had COVID 3 times (not confirmed as I also don't want to get tested. the reasoning behind this is that one positive test could ruin my life in so many ways, whereas if I treat it like "just a sickness" I can go about my life mostly normally)
I feel its fine as almost nobody I am around is a "high-risk"(?) individual. (basically it wouldn't be an issue if they got it.
Just some thoughts from my brain.

@PsyBorg i don't approve of this taking over of your thread, but i have to say this.

5 of my friends have landed up in hospital (3 of them elderly people) the one guy hes elderly he survived... his 30 year old son on the other hand passed away after 2 weeks of being on a ventilator, this virus is no joke.
and yes it is a disease...
i had it and ive never felt that ill.

i'm not stating my vax opinion, but i will say blimmin wear a mask don't shake hands, don't kiss strangers:ROFLMAO:.

and just in general try to do the utmost you can to stay safe.

rant over now get off @PsyBorg 's thread

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@PsyBorg i don't approve of this taking over of your thread, but i have to say this.

5 of my friends have landed up in hospital (3 of them elderly people) the one guy hes elderly he survived... his 30 year old son on the other hand passed away after 2 weeks of being on a ventilator, this virus is no joke.
and yes it is a disease...
i had it and ive never felt that ill.

i'm not stating my vax opinion, but i will say blimmin wear a mask don't shake hands, don't kiss strangers:ROFLMAO:.

and just in general try to do the utmost you can to stay safe.

rant over now get off @PsyBorg 's thread

If you are so enthusiastic about a topic you start a new thread. You don't invade someone elses and totally :poop: on them then continue to disrespect them after they ask for you to take the conversation some where else.

hopefully this just gets locked like I asked soon and I ain't gotta worry about it

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
If you are so enthusiastic about a topic you start a new thread. You don't invade someone elses and totally :poop: on them then continue to disrespect them after they ask for you to take the conversation some where else.

hopefully this just gets locked like I asked soon and I ain't gotta worry about it
i believe you may be able to lock it.......