Bills Law strikes again! Life of a Psyborg documented.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
As promised.. here are the pictures post binding.

This is one of the good bells and the gap that should normally be present.

IMG_0615.JPG

And here is the bell with the pressed on band that has broken free. I may end up swapping to either Hype Trains or to Emax motors that have solid bells and not the pressed on bands like this. Time will tell. Maybe this is just a fluke as these are all brand new motors with less then 20-30 packs flown on them. The original set of these motors I replaced lasted a year and a half of 20 to 100 packs weekly run thru them.

Anyway this is what it looks like now so I will be swapping bells from one of my original motors hoping the condition is good and I can use the new motors bearings.

IMG_0616.JPG

LitterBug

Techno Nut
MMMMmmmmmm yummy! Sure wish there was an easy way to power wash these things after they have been down in the grass and mud a few times. Licking them clean gets old after a while! ;-D

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to another episode of Bills Law!!!

On todays episode we will be discussing the beginnings of Bills Law trying to keep me from Flite Fest. As usual the most random and dumbest things happen but this episode with will go all wild and nature just to switch things up a bit.

As we all do about now we tend to start gathering things we need for the trip to Flite Fest and start organizing gear, tools, living necessities as well as trying to figure out just how much we can cram into a vehicle to be able to cover as many bases as possible for the event. Like you I have also been doing this and have received a few small things in the mail that were needed / wanted for this trip.

You know that things ordered from Amazon can come from any part of the country or even the world and sometimes some random guests show up with the packages. I have had anything from cool little creatures called pseudo scoripions show up here which are not native to New York to something long dead dried up and stuck the paper packing material used to pad the boxes which I will assume was a very tiny mouse at one point.

Well... I had got a package the other day and did my usual root thru everything to look for above mentioned surprises. You know like how kids root thru the cereal boxes for the prize at the bottom and did not come across anything obvious. A day later I woke up and the back of my knee was sore. Like when you lay on something like crinkled up sheets and it leaves the indentation marks in your skin for a while. Didn't think nothing of it kind of rubbed it a bit and felt not smooth skin and thought I had some sleepy marks from the blanket I had over my knees that night. It wasn't long before it was bothersome enough that I actually went in the bathroom and grabbed a mirror in better light to see what was going on. I saw a round red mark with two small dots and knew it was a bite of some sort immediately.

It wasn't large nor inflamed or turning funky colors like the really bad bites do so I washed it down good hit it with some peroxide to see if that would draw any of the sting out of it and went on about my business for the day. after I was done doing what was needed I started charging batteries to go fly and noticed the bite was slightly swollen and getting warm as expected so I made an ice pack and rested my leg on that while watching some movies as the batteries charged. the swelling subsided and it wasn't painful so I went out to fly and do my thing.

I checked it again last night and it was a little bigger but less red and not swollen but I iced it down again before trying to sleep. Today I woke up and its a tad more sensitive and a bit more spread out. I really can not twist well enough to get a good look so I took a picture to get a better idea what was going on. There is no longer a round red dot but a more spread out red area so it looks like the bite is spreading out and losing its anger now. I am not worried over it as its only red and slightly warm and not turning funky colors like the bite is necrotic.

Thus ends another episode of Bills Law and how it always tries to interfere with anything I try to do.. for now I will do what is recommended by web MD and keep it washed and clean and coated with antibacterial ointment and ice it a few times a day.

Spider bite.JPG

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Do you know what caused the reaction? Poison ivy? Brown tail moths/caterpillar? I've had neither but have heard that they can both be a bit miserable.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Bets are in for brown recluse. I am pretty sure what ever it was as I never saw it came with one of the recent Amazon boxes. I recently spent a week and a half doing spring cleaning here and everything got rearranged and cleaned so I know there was no creepy crawlies in residence.

Its at the stage the bite area is either going to dry out and scab over or its gonna pop open and begin the necrotic stage of the bite. I am hoping it dries up and scabs myself. Showing up at FFO with a festering hole in my knee would kinda suck.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Come on shipmate, wouldn't you prefer another good something to chat about around the campfire? What's the fun in a festering hole that almost happened? Maybe easy for me to say since it's your leg.

Kidding aside, I hope it heals well...
... And you keep me posted on what I miss at FFO.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh I'm all about the creepy stuff for campfire talk. Long as its not me being the one with the axe stickin out the side of me head. I am pretty sure that may happen anyways as they have designated the new super volunteers to wear red shirts. We ALL know what happens to the guys wearing those don't we.

I won't post pics of potentially what a recluse bite can do but Ill leave a link so the more morbid among us can amuse themselves with thoughts of what could happen with the annoying guy on the forums. So far its drying around the bite and some loose skin where the bite was originally is starting to dry up and flake. Don't wanna jynx myself and say its all good yet because I have never been bitten before so..

https://www.google.com/search?q=Spi...y_TbAhUKxVkKHeGiBL8Q_AUICigB&biw=1206&bih=561

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well the red and blue ring is still growing. Wraps nearly all the way out to the knee cap now. Good news is I am approaching that 10 day window where according to most write ups on Recluse bites it runs outta steam. Its still a bit swollen but now its starting to itch like crazy. I am going to assume thats a good thing as that is usually a sign of healing going on and if it itches in places that means nerves are still functional. The bite is no longer blistered and the flaky skin around it is nearly gone. Just the two dark spots where the holes are remain as of this evening. They should dry up n fall away in the next day or so.

I am still doing the baking soda paste hoping that slows the rest of the spreading down. In any case it helps with the itching and heat its producing so I will tolerate baking soda snow flakes all over for another day or so if the itching subsides. Been rubbing it down after the shower and in the evenings after the last of the flaking powder is removed with some neo sporin as they say antibacterial treatment is good along with ice and the baking soda.

I feel less worried at this point as all the right signs are present that I wont have a necrotic hole in my leg to gross everyone out with as I walk around Flite Fest. That said I will leave a picture of my sexy multi colored leg for you all to blind yourselves with.

IMG_0639.JPG

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I have a hole in my left thigh where a brown recluse tagged me when I was 19. Parts of my leg are numb and always will be.

I pushed it by ignoring the bite and pressing on to do the things I wanted to do. The result was painful and gross.

FliteFest is not likely to be equipped to handle it if you crash due to blood poisoning in the Ohio heat and excitement of the flight line. Please consider seeing a doctor. :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Bets are in for brown recluse. I am pretty sure what ever it was as I never saw it came with one of the recent Amazon boxes. I recently spent a week and a half doing spring cleaning here and everything got rearranged and cleaned so I know there was no creepy crawlies in residence.

Its at the stage the bite area is either going to dry out and scab over or its gonna pop open and begin the necrotic stage of the bite. I am hoping it dries up and scabs myself. Showing up at FFO with a festering hole in my knee would kinda suck.

That doesn't look like Brown Recluse. I've had two friends of mine get hit with that spider's bite, and it gets NASTY within 24 hours. Even with the treatments you made, you'd have seen it getting really bad really quick. And it's not fun; one of my friends had to have a machine that would apply suction to the wound area every few minutes to keep it from going necrotic, in addition to having a quarter sized hole of flesh that was cut out of him where the flesh HAD started to turn.

I do not wish that bite on ANYONE - not only is it quick, it is VERY painful, and VERY serious. I sincerely hope that it is NOT that..

jaredstrees

I got bit by a recluse on the arm when I lived in Ohio during High School. Mom freaked out and took me to the ER. Thank God as after only a few days on meds I was fine. Had a pretty good divot in my arm for awhile, though. I agree you may still want to get checked out. Those things are no fun! Now I'm in Florida and we get all of the nasties!